Ra/ms

scaffdar

Reaction score
Alright guys, i've just been lookin through an article on the iosh members forum and it made me question the validity of my last employers general RA/MS. I had no input into it as like most he paid for a copy n pasted issue. I remember seeing a comprehensive one for HARSCO ( then SGB) when i was on L.O.R a few yrs ago, which i signed with very little reading :unsure:
But are there any gaffers out there who wouldn't mind sending me a copy ? Nothing need be on that's commercially sensitive like names or owt but i'd appreciate the help. All the best to anyone reading

Hi scaffdar, I would have no problem sending you a copy of mine but I would imagine they would be a bit light weight in comparison to what you are looking for. It's a bit unclear exactly what the problem is, if it's a major employer he will have paid a lot of cash to a legal team to write them for him and you wouldn't necessarily have had any input into what goes in them. A smaller outfit may well have gone through a consultation process but again could have been done before your time. Another thing to remember, my RAMS are perfectly adequate for the work we do and have been held up for scrutiny by most major players in our industry at one time or another who may require tweaking here and there and that's how I have what I have now.

I would be interested to know what the problem is and what you are trying to achieve.

Hi aom, thanks for the reply. There is no problem as such. On the IOSH forum i mentioned i got into discussion about incompetency by a so called professional asking for a template. I pointed out that as a scaffolder of 9 yrs in total over 13 yrs since leaving school i, with others could do that if shown the process. ( most scaff's could would maybe feel intimidated if never done before) And that he should look at his competence before asking for " templates". There are that many different business models you couldn't adopt a one for all, and i see his point and told him i didn't want to appear un-helpful. When i get a reply i'm sure it'll figure out. but it sounds like he has no knowledge and couldn't think to engage in task analysis with the scaff. So i popped on here to ask for help and see how adequate an example i could find for different business models. I would appreciate a view of yours, maybe you can pdf or protected view it if you had any concerns ? Up to you but thanks for the reply

No problem scaffdar, I would send you anything you liked but not sure if they would be fit for purpose. I'm at home and all my work stuff is on the other computer but it wasn't so long ago someone else was looking for something and I might have it on the e-mail but I would need to check. In the mean time if you send an e-mail to aomscaffolding@btconnect.com I will try and see what I can get you.

I'm in the process of writing a site management system specific to scaffold companies. It will include a health and safety policy , suite of risk and method statements plus a load of other goodies :D. At a reasonable price of £650. :D

I got mine for nowt with 11 years of other people checking it.;)

IAN you have a deal buddy ive been struggling to buy my wife a prezzy for christmas and as i normally waste a right few bob on ***** she doesnt need i may as well give the money to a forum member for ***** nobody really needs :eek:

As RA,s and MS,s are supposed to be job specific spending fortunes on generic copy an paste RA,s and MS,s issues is really creating a rod for your own back as most site managers will just accept it, but if there is an accident The HSE investigator will pull the file and check it with a fine tooth comb, realise its a copy an paste job then call round your office grab hold of your underwear with both hands an give you a wedgie :nuts:

Alright guys, i've just been lookin through an article on the iosh members forum and it made me question the validity of my last employers general RA/MS. I had no input into it as like most he paid for a copy n pasted issue. I remember seeing a comprehensive one for HARSCO ( then SGB) when i was on L.O.R a few yrs ago, which i signed with very little reading :unsure:
But are there any gaffers out there who wouldn't mind sending me a copy ? Nothing need be on that's commercially sensitive like names or owt but i'd appreciate the help. All the best to anyone reading

PM me your email address and i will send you one, ive already sent a couple of lads on here one

Top Bottom