Quick question re money

Zotsey

Reaction score
Hi lads
I'm doing my H&S test on Wednesday so am expecting to have my updated scaff card by the end of the month.
Hourly rates seem anything from £11.50-£14 odd an hour but if I get a job in price work what's the going rate now per ft erected ?

I'd rather be working for a small to medium sized firm on street work so probs will be on price.

Cheers lads

Wow. Was £2 per ft erected in late 90's early 2000's so its actually gone south then. Thought it would have been more these days not less.
Oh well, maybe day work would be better after all ! Lol

Cheers Vancouver

Where exactly was it 2 quid per foot? If you consider 3,3ft to a mtr thats over 6 quid per mtr. That can't be right mate as i was on price in the early 00's and it was never that.

remember it being a quid up and 50 p down back then per foot

Must be my memory playing tricks then lads. 50p per ft striking is defo right, must have been £1 per ft erected then.
It's gone up a little then, that's good.
Cheers

Feck price work, How many guys actually get, what they have put on their time sheet??????

Most Firms have a idea of capabilities and actualities. In my experience (33 year) the price is based on pulling your knads out for time and a half.

Quite right paddy. When I worked for GKN I was on price. I filled out my work book with exactly whatever we had done ( me and 1 Labrador ), never fiddled it, and my wages were always wrong. i.e underpaid. Every week without fail

Quite right paddy. When I worked for GKN I was on price. I filled out my work book with exactly whatever we had done ( me and 1 Labrador ), never fiddled it, and my wages were always wrong. i.e underpaid. Every week without fail

That's where I used to get the magic pen out and add some phantom metreage :laugh:

thats a big hammer to push a big nail in -- il show ya

Top Bottom