questions about doubles

SnailScaff

Reaction score
Couple questions about doubles.

Is there any difference between the slip load of a pressed and forged class b double? I see the pressed type have little nipples that contact the tube but the forged are full contact with gate and middle of the fitting. Does this create a difference? Im assuming no as both are class b.

Can you get class a pressed doubles?

Why dont we use class a doubles for everything? A class a holds roughly 9kn and a class fitting holds roughly 6.5kn

Is there any difference between the slip load of a pressed and forged class b double? I see the pressed type have little nipples that contact the tube but the forged are full contact with gate and middle of the fitting. Does this create a difference? Im assuming no as both are class b.

Why dont we use class a doubles for everything? A class a holds roughly 9kn and a class fitting holds roughly 6.5kn
Coupler will have the load class pressed into them A or B , the manufacturers name and the year of fabrication. If its a class B coupler its slip force is 9.1 kn as opposed to a class A coupler of 6.1kn. Its either a class a or b there aren't any derivatives in between. The tests are carried out on commonly used couplers used in the uk, these are in good condition with only bolt threads lubricated and tightened to 50nm. You could use class B fittings for everything if you wanted ( class A fittings are the weaker ones) band and plates have the same properties as a class A though with no specified cruciform stiffness.

Anyone who works with you could have answered this one. ;)

It doesn't matter what type it is, it will hold whatever is stamped on it, regardless.

Just use stickies, finger tight the f*ckers, job done... or if you want a big mofo double, the SGB mk3 is your daddy..

How about the SGB Mk3a and the mills 90 they are both rated at 12.5kN, but as AOM says they all hold whatever the SWL is for the class marked on them.

There is pictures of them and more in the scaffolders study group.

big horrible looking cuunts the mark 3a but whenever you do a support job for SGB it was the mark3s;)

big horrible looking cuunts the mark 3a but whenever you do a support job for SGB it was the mark3s;)

Not that big wee laddy, i used to throw a sack over t'shoulder with aboot 30 or less, like a pony, howay.

Unless youre a bam or a jimmy too eh lad like, init bro.

Not that big wee laddy, i used to throw a sack over t'shoulder with aboot 30 or less, like a pony, howay.

Unless youre a bam or a jimmy too eh lad like, init bro.

Ah yes, the coal miner has so much experience.

Thanks guys :) gonna just slap jobs up with whatever comes up. As long as its not one of those fitting with a never ending bolt. Those. Annoy me lol

Anyone who works with you could have answered this one. ;)

if he asked that a work i recon hed have to have is hard hat tested for impact loads fomr class a and b doubble never mind any thing else lol

It doesn't matter what type it is, it will hold whatever is stamped on it, regardless.

any 1 here had to ratch in the bins for a cerian type of doubble lol fek that just get them on. do drawing state which class of doubble. i have never come across a job when you ahd to use this type of doubble.

Exactly marra, they all hold the same by class but I must admit, I do like to keep all the doubles to the same type on any particular job. Just a personal preference.

Ha ha, it's practically all presco's we use. Most people think it's a bit anal but I never liked seeing all sorts on a job.

a barney is a barney regardless but what i hated at one firm was the amount of half inch you cma across when on the hand rail me i flung them in garden bushes up and down cumbria eveyr few fitting half insh spanner out lol other than that bubble and a box down regardless of type of doubble

Top Bottom