Question regarding sleeves and bays

lambert36

Reaction score
Is it acceptable to have the sleeves I'n the same bay on the first lift and then I'n a different bay on the second lift

Don't take that first bite yet....you can splice them..... :wondering:

Don't choke on your Mcfluffy........

Lambert 36

its good practice to stagger your ledgers anyway, but tg20 states when guardrails are to remain permanently in place, & no joint in that bay you can have a sleeve above & below in your ledgers this will act as your stagger hope this helps

I try to stagger as much as possible.
Especially when i come out of the pub! ;)

jason trys to stagger his joints
big fat one, followed by a small skinny one

My missus keeps saying that she is: "Getting bored of my small and skinny one"

Im assuming that shes talking about my joint and not my joint?

She has been spending alot of time in the shed with my next door neighbour, though.
She assures me that shes only helping him plant his seed... :suspicious:

Is it acceptable to have the sleeves I'n the same bay on the first lift and then I'n a different bay on the second lift

No all joints should be staggered.

If putting a kicker lift in, you dont have to stagger your first lift, can be the same, but how easier is to stagger every ledger and handrail, put a long in then a shorter one then a long in then a shorter one, it aint rocket science, reverse with the front as the back of the job. SIMPLES:suspicious:

same joints in the same bays,and you question that are you really a scaff mate.this is the basics the fecking basics.
admin seem to be quite quick to send some threads to the pub,maybe they should have a forum bog for the **** threads:amazed:

this guy is full on correct because a permanent guardrail might as well act as another ledger providing all other ledgers, transoms etc. are in place.

Is this not the problem with scaffolding different answers from different scaffs?
I've always staggered every lift

Is this not the problem with scaffolding different answers from different scaffs?
I've always staggered every lift

Staggered ledgers conform to TG20 and everything is kosher until you get a job with percentage materials strip and re-erect, then watch it all fly out of the window

Top Bottom