quality of ties

joebag

Reaction score
Anyone know the statistics and details of the jobs that collapse and ties are to blame,

got a feeling that it will be the lack of ties or pattern that failed rather than a tie that was drilled into adequate substrate and pulled out,

if its thats the case then the arguement for having mandatory pull testing on your part 2 course is a lot stronger and more importantly it shows a lack of training and care by training providers and regulation makers for not recognising the importance of this!

i would even go so far as saying if these providers,policy makers are pushing the importance of ties being applied correctly why are they not taught in the part 1 course as its so important!

where is their responsibility in the training being provided to be up to an adequate standard

,if i had one come down i would stand up in court and say my training provider at no point told me or gave me literature that stated i wasnt allowed to put ties on my structure,on the contuary actually ive got training and literature to show me how to,,,,just not the qualification !

Sorry Joe, no exact details as ever but I would think your assumption to be quite near the mark. As for the remedy, is the gaffers not ultimately responsible to make sure the ties are fit for purpose and make sure they have been installed correctly?

what if your gaffers got 8 wagons and on insulation jobs where the lads are erecting and stripping maybe ten a day each gang,not practical mate ;)

That should work, not sure how to test it though, drop kick bator against it?

or trust the blokes who you will let have people stand on towers 12m high to put the ties in,whats more risky letting someone build a tower 12m high or trusting them to pull test a tie,,,,not put the tie in or use the drill as they are allowed to do that,,,,just pull test the fuker,,,,honestly mate theirs no argument is their !

Not really Joe and I realise it was an assumption and one which I agreed with but what about the jobs that are coming down? You know where I stand on the tester training.

Top Bottom