Protection fan drawings

scaffdar

Reaction score
Hi guys, a site manager on a national house builder estate begged us to knock up a protection fan for a week, 3 weeks later it's still up and he's come back off a 2 day course asking for drawings :mad: Does anyone have a generic drawing with no commercial value they wouldn't mind sending on?? A dig out would be appreciated. Cheers for the read if not -

Strike it mate , and tell the site manager next time he can beg as much as he wants it wont happen until he agrees to pay for and approve a design , two faced arse hole

agreed strike it or tell him straight to go fuk himself cheeky kunt,someone will probably give you the drawing and i would if i had one mate ,priks like that will take and take,set your stall out and stick to it and in the long run you wont go far wrong in my eyes ;)

You can get a design done retrospectively , photo the job in detail and send it to a designer and they can draw it and give you calculations , you may need to alter it slightly to get the calcs to work , but i would tell the site manager if he wants it then he must py for it as he coerced you into it , otherwise STRIKE it ASAP

Thanks guys, one step ahead of you i'm afraid, it's down but he's claiming it's been raised with health and safety. It was a standard Class B fan unless something's changed recently so I thought I'd have been able to pull one off the net or a training book as we have a few in the office. I've a mate reckoning he's got one on file so hopefully it'll come through in morning. Nice to see a united front tho regarding the kunts trick -once bitten as they say

I would agree scaffdar, when asked a similar question one site manager even offered to put it in writing that it was a site instruction to do something without design and I still told him to fook off. These guys will have another job somewhere else next week but we have to deal with the fall out.

Sorry, no drawing or calculation for a fan, stopped building them when I realised they needed a design and just sheet everything now for protection.:embarrest:

good shout that aom,surely the fan is an outdated design not really fit for purpose,better to not let it fall in the first place,if someting of weight hit it ive always thought it would pop straight off the wall!

Can't remember exactly where I seen this video or even why I was watching it joe but they were testing the damage certain tubes or bricks would do falling from certain heights and it was pretty devastating, probably why the make us get them designed now. I just prefer to net everything where there is a risk of a fall maybe even a public protection walkway on the outside of the job if room allows and everyone is happy.

if you need a drawing for it why are they teaching you it on part 2 over and under ledgers on band a plate and picked up after 7 or 9 boards 5 trannies to a board makes no sence that was a 0.75kn.m2 fan we did am sure probbly rong like sh1t shoudlnt fo said any thing about training centre were joe bag on the go should i aom lol :laugh:

certain things on your part 2 still needed design marra,see your training centre wasnt up to scratch either lmao ;)

if you need a drawing for it why are they teaching you it on part 2 over and under ledgers on band a plate and picked up after 7 or 9 boards 5 trannies to a board makes no sence that was a 0.75kn.m2 fan we did am sure probbly rong like sh1t shoudlnt fo said any thing about training centre were joe bag on the go should i aom lol :laugh:

Got to be honest marra, it get's confusing when they teach you something then get you to read that big book called tg20 then tell you you are not allowed to build it without design. There will be a lot of elements on your certificate telling you your trained but it's only a taster or introduction you still need lots of specific training.:(

Top Bottom