pricing.....

wilson81craig

Reaction score
what is the average rate per metre at the moment, just seen a post saying they would do a front and back for 250!!!!!!

is that the front and back of a semi detached house , if so we wouldnt do the front for that

is that the front and back of a semi detached house , if so we wouldnt do the front for that

so what would you do a front and rear for?

i suppose it all depends on how long/how many lifts/is it a pain in arse/does it need a highway permit.

down my way 1 company doing front and back £200 a right joke

yer its crazy what some lads are doing they only drive the prices down for everyone , let them have it mate cause they wont be around for long at them rates

We have one firm going in at £6 a metre domestic £12 Site work!!!

no i know mate we had 6 1 man bands start up down hear about 18 months ago we have got 1 left now so the work is now slowly come back it makes me sick how many building compaines will take the 1 man bands on know that half of them have no insurers till something gos pear shap not say all 1 man bands are bad. price are now going up a bit down this way now a lot of them have gone

i got a call from a roofer i do some work for yesterday. he told me that he had got a price from another scaffold company for a job i priced for . the price the other scaffs quoted worked out to £35 a square which was much lower than my price. the same roofer got me to price a job for a firm he was subbing for which i lost even though the firm that got the job came in at double my price almost.

first job forget about it, any fool can work for nothing

second job mayhap the director or QS is in need of a decent lunch/night out

Build your own price and stick to them

i think i lot of the time to many builders and roofers are comeing up with silly prices to see if you say i will do it for that. i had 1 the other day told me he had a quote for a 6m run 5 lifts all boarded + hop up £350, i said to him can i have there number so they can come put some up for me he looked at me gone out. than call me back later and ask me if i could do it. told no to much on.

you wanna live or work around my area , i dont know how some of them survive although its prob to do with paying lads low wages so they can claim tax credits and top there wages up with bit cash and an extra job 2 or 3 times a week for bit cash overtime.

we are reguarly undercut by around 35% or more and last week we priced a pub to scaffold 18 mtrs front 3 lifts 2 bay windows and a porch type entrance to go over, gable 14 mtrs 3 lifts narrow path needs permit return onto flat roof 8 mtrs 2 lifts plus chimney then return 6 mtrs 1 lift then along back elevation 12 mtrs over slate roof then into the yard to connect upto a 6ft tower 2 lifts , plus 13ft in the middle taken up as tower stepped into roof for big chimney, the front also has 2 chimney,s to access one is easy straight forward the other is in a valley next to where all the ridge also meet, the scaffold is needed for one week for soffit an facias and chimney pointing and leading .

im gonna jump in bath and see if anyone can price it, then i will tell you what price the other firm quoted.

firms round my way price the following reguarly
back n front 250
extension 3t4 mtr by 8mtr by 3t4 mtr 450
gable fully boarded approx 8 t 10 mtr wide 3 lifts plus peaks 350

also very few include for hire

5 grands worth easily , go on then how much

£1700-00

we would never get 5 grand up here for that scaffy, but we also have very little pressure off anybody regarding H&S , NASC or anything like that and contractors up here rarely question much unless its something ridiculous , we would probably have quoted around the 3 grand but once we were told bout other quote we didnt lol

this is a problem we have with some firms not chargeing extra hire well this is where the money it do not always pay off a firm round here has been doing no extra hire for a couble of years now and he is now picking up work a gain but this has now come back and bit him on the arse coz 1 he has now run out of gear and two his customers are say yoiu have charge extra hire for 2 years we are not paying it now or we will go else where .

this has become a very interesting thread. sounds like there are too many cowboy firms out there doing it for nothing and most of them are up north. The problem started when some well established firms had tons of gear sat doing nothing during the recession. we,ve got to move away from this **** or we are going to be grafting to TG 20 etc forever

down my way 1 company doing front and back £200 a right joke

£200 must be cash in hand then.?

your right about 1 man bands or them that go bust then start up in another name.one in yorkshire for example ADIS now ADI lol what a joke.
but sites still take them on due to being cheaper.

ive just measured up some house,s (semi) as 3 lifts going to sg4 spec.and guess what someone comes in as doing them as 2 lifts.scaffold inspector comes along pulls there work all the way along during phase 1 and guess what yep they get phase 2.

Top Bottom