priceing handrailing jobs

DCQ

Reaction score
or right lads,av recently set up for my self and could do with some advice on priceing handrails,when priceing for handrailing jobs do you charge the same per metre as you would for a normal independent scaffold

No, more. Depends on how you fit them but usually quite a bit more.

Your not going to make much out of these anyway
So make sure you have plenty in including any mewp requirements they may drop on you once you start

I always add a wee bit about that in any estimate that should they be required they can be supplied but at extra cost.

or right lads,av recently set up for my self and could do with some advice on priceing handrails,when priceing for handrailing jobs do you charge the same per metre as you would for a normal independent scaffold[/QUOTE]

That would be nice!

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

That would be nice!

can range from £3-6.50 depending on where they are if up and off steels you gotta add the xtra time to get the gear up etc

but have never got the same as linear base rate lolol

I recently charged £81.60 per metre for 42m of roof edge handrail based off a lower roof 8m from G/L (3m to top roof edge). This excluded surface protection and any mewp requirement (to be supplied by M/C). Before erecting I supplied a full costing build to the customer and we agreed the price. There is no rule of thumb for handrail, The price is determined by the conditions of erection. Other handrails on site were priced between £8.20 and £12.50 per metre.

we got a similar one on at the mo on a thames side office block using a H frame effect i couldn't get the contractor to agree to anything other than daywork + 25%.......shame really as it took 2 days instead of 1/2 a day lolo

No hard and fast rule here,every job is different,just make sure you cover all the variables;)

we got a similar one on at the mo on a thames side office block using a H frame effect i couldn't get the contractor to agree to anything other than daywork + 25%.......shame really as it took 2 days instead of 1/2 a day lolo
We told the customer it needed design and it would be an expensive job. He issued instruction to design, we priced the work from the design and as said before gave a full cost build, then did nothing until he issued an addendum to his order stating the agreed works and price.

all this desighn of tg20 is costing everyone loads of time ,money and effort - i ope the 20:13 rewrite will take this into account and scale it back a bit,
we've lost a few custoers now that arnt able to meet the demand and cost of dwrgs and so have resorted to backstreet scaffolding to save money- you know its all gonna end in tears

favourite story of handrail ......
priced for 2 lifts around building of much larger job at £12 /m 80 odd m ( cheap i know )

qs wanted to save money so asked for h/r instead of second lift ...... ( priced at schedule of rates at £15/m )

so cost him more and the scaff half the work happy days

so in this case it was a decent schedule of rates plus a clause that if a price varies beyond 5% it could be priced individually
at least qs can have an idea so he " can protect his income stream with forward thinking "

the amount of material Kier want to put into an A frame h/rail with kentledge it needs a bespoke price so to reiterate what others have said if poss look first

Has anyone ever actually managed to attach a hand rail to a steel beam before it is slotted into place?

I have tried it a few times now and you would think I had asked them to sook the boaby.

It is part of the working at height regs to design it out first so this could well be a way forward aom BUT I have not seen anyone start to think about it yet

Me either maybe the PC never got that memo.

we avoid kier like the plague now as they just want too much for what they're prepared to pay and then argue with you about it when its due to be paid so they then get xtra time - can work out o 60days+ just another shiit delaying tactic, my mates been dropped by them now as well after working for them for a couple of years because he's not registered with the nasc - thats loyalty for you

And a few other big companies are exactly the same,just not worth the grief,the nasc companies are welcome to them imo:noworry:

Aye thanks for that boys but you can stick them up your erse for me.:noworry:

Top Bottom