price work

benjo0211

Reaction score
Hello fellow scaffolders currently working for a firm in accrington not far from manchester working on a price work scheme got to be at yard for 7am load or unload wagon then go to job can be anywhere from 1 mile to the furthest I've been at 110 mile. Prices are shocking £3 a metre 2.50 after base. Don't get paid for additional boards ties gates anything like that. Loading bays no matter what size are 15 a lift edge protection is 1.65 a mtr. That's the basics of it, I've had to drive a total of 5 hours a day unpaid countless times then expected to make a wage my question is, is this legal??

Hello fellow scaffolders currently working for a firm in accrington not far from manchester working on a price work scheme got to be at yard for 7am load or unload wagon then go to job can be anywhere from 1 mile to the furthest I've been at 110 mile. Prices are shocking £3 a metre 2.50 after base. Don't get paid for additional boards ties gates anything like that. Loading bays no matter what size are 15 a lift edge protection is 1.65 a mtr. That's the basics of it, I've had to drive a total of 5 hours a day unpaid countless times then expected to make a wage my question is, is this legal??

Im not sure what is legal or not, when it comes to price work.
I assume, that if you accept the work, then your waving any rights you have, in that area... Why even work for such a crap price?

Imo, pricework is OVER.
Theres too much Health and Safety to consider, too much paperwork involved and lets be fair, not everyone is a 'Super-Scaff' so most of us will have to cut corners to speed ourselves up - meaning more chance of hurting ourselves and others.

If you hurt anyone, then you think your employer will back you up in court?
Ill bet a weeks wages they wont.

Can you not fukk this joker off and get another start on day-rate?
Day work is going back up and if your lucky, you'll get a nice number on about £150 a day, assuming you have the qualifications.

Theres enough work out there atm, for you not to have to bust your balls everyday, mate.

Your right it is crap but not much around mate plus I have a family and its coming up to xmas don't want to be messed around at this time, as for the cutting corners you wouldn't believe some of the jobs that are up hse would have a field day. I have my part 2 been on tools now 10 year and didn't think id end up were I currently am lol

Ya mate, before Christmas can be hard.

Try to keep your chin up mate, theres good blokes here im sure they can help you with regards to your question more then i can.

Theres jobs popping up all the time, hopefully one will come up thats closer to where you live.

Manchesters probly closet city to were I live liverpools about an hour away travelling ain't a problem, cheers

Hi benjo welcome to the forum, these cowboys you are working for are the sort of company the lads on the forum are always going on about, the prices offered are nothing short of robbery and should not be tolerated, how can a working man earn a decent living on these 1960`s rates. I think Crossways Manchester are looking for men and also QED scaffolding St Helens good luck in your search for better employment :sad::sad:

Cheers, I worked for qed last year left for a day rate company but that went tits up, ill tru that crossways, thanks very much chaps

10 x Part 2's in bolton required

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are currently looking for 10 x Part 2 scaffolders in bolton.

Start: Tomorrow/Tuesday 27th september.

Duration is 2 weeks.

Wage £14 p/hr, No Digs, No Travel.

Please call 01256 817878 ask for Nik,

ThanksMike RHL

I'm looking for scaffs at the mo mate, will pay you better than what their paying you..

If they change that price to£2.50 a foot that's about the least you can afford at the mo with the price of fuel and as for loading wagons if you are on price you don't do it unless there is some sort of agreement over time lost,I've found you have to sort all this before you do a tap,as you no some firms will try it on if they can.

I'm looking for scaffs at the mo mate, will pay you better than what their paying you..

Welcome to the forum silverto,

Where are you based
What are you paying a day
do you pay lodge & travelling time/expenses:

Just questions you will be asked sooner or later :wondering::wondering:

If you check the jobseekers website for scaffolders, I'm sure Interserve in Preston were looking for scaffolders last Friday.

again cheers for the info chaps ill try these firms you have mentioned first thing tomorrow.

benjo grace scaffolding in manchester lookin for men 0161 737 4994 its pricework too

Top Bottom