Price work or by the hour?

Karlj711

Reaction score
Ok so here goes.
There seems to be a fair bit of er....... 'debate' going on at the moment about who's earning what & who isn't. This brings to mind my question, would you rather work by the hour or everything on price work?
Personally I preferre by the hour, i spent a lot of my working life as a subbie roofer before turning to the spanners.
Don't get me wrong some days I made very good money but in general I found my earnings were lower due to the fkuk up of others, no gear on site, awkward site agents, jobs not ready, weather, the list is endless. One thing I did find open to much abuse was the variation in what the job was worth from site to site.
With the hourly rate you know what you're getting regardless & as long as you keep an eye on your hours I think better off. I appreciate there are some pretty poor hourly rates out there, but it's your choice to accept that work or not we all do what we can to get by.
I must admit I do miss the 'lets get done & get off' days from pricework but I certainly don't miss the sitting at home earning nowt days either.

Pricework then can be in pub by 2

Subject to right prices of course

il take price ,, if its the rite price ,,, its hard on the body ,,,,

all depends who your working with if your in a good gang an you know what you can do each day then price.
if you working with numptys and wont get enough up then day rate and relax.

I get paid a day rate. Same amount wether we work 2 hrs or 8. Job and knock. If it rains & we dont work I still get the same..Some days you dont cover your money,some days you do more than what your paid.I'll take this any day.

ive done both hour rate price work,but the days off price work are numbered what with the step thing and advanced handrail ,but i allways found price work to be best for me,but times have changed if you can get a decent day rate then you should take it.

doesnt make much difference for us at the minute, on price but still have to make your basic before bonus, £406.00 then you can guarantee, you will wait for another day or 2 for a job to be ready.

So if your not grafting they still have to pay your basic, however, couple of days on price your paying your own basic, then waiting to see if anything happens so you can make bonus on your 20% price cut.:mad:

the majority of firms are using part 1 and part 2s to put there town jobs up to keep the cost down so this in turn stops them being trained properly and if you throw in price work the quality of there work will be even worse its ok if they go to stip it but usually its not the same peaple Iam with mc on this price is ok if like british bulldog you can pick your own men

F.uck price... Day work all the way. :)
If your half sensible you can get plenty of 'job and knocks', like im proving right now, lol. ;)

Top Bottom