pre cast reveal

aussiebob

Reaction score
Chaps,

I am managing a large job and the scaffold firm is useing a cuplock type system. Because there is a reveal in the precast it is leaving a gap between the scaffold and the back the reveal of over 40cm. I have told them they have to fill the gap or toe board and handrail the areas, but they refuse.

What gap is acceptable under the new regs.

Thanks in advance:sick:

No gap according to the regs but it's all down to risk assessment. 40cm might just be a bit big, depends really.

sorry, the overall gap is 40cm x 30cm from the fron of the scaffold, large enough for a leg to go down.

Naw, 400mm is far too big, get it covered. 200 absolute max and even that can be well dodgy on some jobs.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

sorry, the overall gap is 40cm x 30cm from the fron of the scaffold, large enough for a leg to go down.

Get it covered, why did the scaffs refuse?

Depends on how fat the brickie is ,
40cm is way to much gap, aint they got no one board brackets take the gap down to just over half that ?
Or they could just handrail and toe board the gaps either way it needs to be addressed

Thank's AOM, I read the regs and to the novis it says no gaps, but that would make imposable to carry out various types of work like stone cleaning and brick work. I have always worked, if can't put your down it you can't fall down it.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

"foot" to many beers after dinner :)

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

the only way they could fill the gap is to undersling 2 6ft's and clip a 400m long board on them however, we are talking about 600to 800 of these gaps all over the job, :-(

haha, you can't be that bothered if you can still manage a few beers, good on ya.

The regs are unworkable for a lot of jobs and we have to balance that with the tradesmen ability to do the job, however given the right incentive I have seen a good squad of plasterers coat a wall with no gaps it's the rough lot that need the gaps and the rougher they are the bigger a gap they want and the more likely they are to call one of these no win no fee outfits.

the only way they could fill the gap is to undersling 2 6ft's and clip a 400m long board on them however, we are talking about 600to 800 of these gaps all over the job, :-(

They have either kicked the job of wrong or should have used tube and fitting.:idea:

So there are no standards in line with these revels then , why was it not picked up when they started erecting the job ? Because i know the safety officers and site managers on our sites would just stop us in our tracks until it was resolved .

That's what I asked when I took over the job why did they not use tube & fit, I think they must have got a good deal on the system stuff.

Your lucky Phil, any agents or safety men I know would have no idea of the problem till they fell down it.

Yes that sounds like it but as you know Aussie system dont work for everything , now you are left with the problem , how high is the job ?

That's what I asked when I took over the job why did they not use tube & fit, I think they must have got a good deal on the system stuff.

Wasn't that good a deal as the job is pants and will have to be redone.

Is it a lump or something that can be easily struck and re-erected?

That's where this is heading, can't go into that side things on here, just wondered if you guys have had the same problem. cheers

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

the job is 120ft high and all up around counting all elevations (Best Guess)2000ft around, not a small job.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I might add, it is about 50% erected

That's where this is heading, can't go into that side things on here, just wondered if you guys have had the same problem. cheers

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

the job is 120ft high and all up around counting all elevations (Best Guess)2000ft around, not a small job.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I might add, it is about 50% erected

Fair enough AB, sounds like a bit of a head ache. Hard to help with solutions without actually seeing the job but as you say it could be possible to undersling a tube using set and place in dead size boards, it's either that or hand rail off and toe board.

Fu ck thats a a whole heap of cuplock , makes me wonder why the foreman scaffolder when basing out didnt think that gaps to big i need to sort it out NOW before i get 2000 foot round and 120 foot high

Top Bottom