Portfolio - Roof Saddle

SamH

Reaction score
Can some one please help me iv got two things to finish in my portfolio an i can send it off..

first thing is, on the saddle can i just rest my long needls no the ridge on top of a soleboard on the ridge?? and undersling a 5ft both sides to hang the spurs? or do i fix two tubes together with a swivel and throw them over each side tio punch up the standards leaving the ridge clear??

second thing is,, do i need to fix a kicker lift to all the independents iv already erected??

You would need to run 'tracks' down each side of the roof as you described, joined with a swivel and checked, with 'trannies' fixed between the two for puncheons for it to be a saddle. I generally fix these with band and plate so they remain flush to the board on the roof, which should lie horizontally across the roof joists.

Not sure what you mean re. your second point.

Last edited:
cheers stone, about the second iv already writen out my independents, but i haven't put a kicker lift in any of the scaffolds iv explained in my portfolio, i might just add the kickers anyway!

instead of a saddle, would they except an independent up and over a roof with scaffold both sides of the building. like on a garage roof up against a house??

Check the back of the portfolio, for each section you have to mention certain words in your write up.. if I remember correctly. Not sure if kicker lift is needed...

Top Bottom