Piper Alpha

Here is a link to a short film that was made recently about the disaster
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R6X4PjobTT0]Remembering Piper - The night that changed our world - YouTube[/ame]

And also a link to the Pound for Piper web site
Pound for Piper Memorial Trust

Just setteling down to watch the piper alpha doc. my hat geos off to all you boys that go out there. much respect. I can only imagine what your families go throu.

Rip to the 167 lads that died....

I think everyone should watch it, that and the concordia are perfect reminders of why we should cut our own paths.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

A sad tale for sure. I think I was expecting more the why and wherefores though. Maybe that has been done to death but still nobody was ever held to account.

our safety coach (capes Chris collier)summed things up perfectly in a safety meeting last week..he said when you read the news paper you hear about hero's like Andy Murray, and David Beckham...Andy Murray hits a tennis ball about and becks plays football theses are not heroes . Heroes are men that were on the piper alpha who went in to help there work mates and were never seen again...
sums it all up in my eyes..

RIP the 167 who never came back

our safety coach (capes Chris collier)summed things up perfectly in a safety meeting last week..he said when you read the news paper you hear about hero's like Andy Murray, and David Beckham...Andy Murray hits a tennis ball about and becks plays football theses are not heroes . Heroes are men that were on the piper alpha who went in to help there work mates and were never seen again...
sums it all up in my eyes..

RIP the 167 who never came back

Couldn't agree more,sad to say but so called sports heroes will be remembered more than the men who died on that rig.Maybe it's time to ask why no one was ever held responsible for what went wrong.We have all seen how long it has taken for the truth about Hillsborough to come out.Found it hard to believe that after the loss of so many lives in such horrific circumstances the main contractors where never prosecuted.

I watched the programme on Tuesday and have to say how harrowing it was. To all those involved - I actually don't know what to say... my words can't express my feelings.

Huge respect to those there and those who continue to work in the offshore industry.

Top Bottom