Pick ups

scaffman1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new pick up lads.

I've got a ford Transit (a bit slugish) and a mitsubishi Canter (expensive to maintain).

What do you recommend ???

A 7.5 tonner.;)

How do you make pick ups pay carrying scaffold, I never really got that.

Scaffy is usually good with the pick up tips.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

what about an animal or a warrior?

No way matey, I drive a warrior and good for taking a few bags of fittings to a job or trannies but that's about it. There is a joiner round here who fills a trailer with system but it must take him ages.

i dont know anything about motors. just thought i'd throw out what i've seen a lot of blokes using. only 7.5 aom? not an 18? cant fit a days work on a 7.5 :O

No you can't, we use a 26 tonner but the 7.5 is handy for smaller local jobs and where access is tight. A pick up would be handy from time to time but not enough to justify buying one.

Never used one,but if i did get one i'd defo think of pairing it with a 16ft 3.5t ivor williams,at least you'd have a train weight of a 7.5t then.

Years back I drove a pick up for a building company, split new Renault. Got them to fit a tow bar so I could drag a trailer, they beefed it up to handle the weight and I hit a big dip in the road loaded to the backside and the thing snapped in half. In fact, the more I think about it the more I realise it was a nightmare with the rear wheel coming off and over taking me on more than one occasion.:eek:

Years back I drove a pick up for a building company, split new Renault. Got them to fit a tow bar so I could drag a trailer, they beefed it up to handle the weight and I hit a big dip in the road loaded to the backside and the thing snapped in half. In fact, the more I think about it the more I realise it was a nightmare with the rear wheel coming off and over taking me on more than one occasion.:eek:

Therein lie's the problem,you'd have to drive it yourself,i shudder to think of the mayhem the lads would cause daily with a towing rig:eek:

A 7.5 tonner.;)

Where we are in the slate quarry villages of North Wales,a pick up is an essential piece of kit for us. The narrow streets with tight corners means that our 7.5 ton trucks are far too big much of the time.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Never used one,but if i did get one i'd defo think of pairing it with a 16ft 3.5t ivor williams,at least you'd have a train weight of a 7.5t then.

I already do this with the trusted Navara

I have heard a few saying the same right enough scaffman.

A 7.5 tonner.;)

Where we are in the slate quarry villages of North Wales,a pick up is an essential piece of kit for us. The narrow streets with tight corners means that our 7.5 ton trucks are far too big much of the time.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I already do this with the trusted Navara

Seen it,i think i parked mine next to you at aerospace safety seminar;)

Sprinter , crafter or transit

We make pick ups pay its called uprated springs from paddington springs (approx £250 for a crafter) then load em up both pick ups we have will carry 4 ton no problem look ok to

Sprinters All the way get a 313 CDi with helper springs and beefed up front brakes, Add a Towbar and Twin or Trebble Axle trailer and you got some handy piece of Kit.

Seen it,i think i parked mine next to you at aerospace safety seminar;)[/QUOTE]

Which company have you got then Bigfish ??

Which company have you got then Bigfish ??

Fuds R US.;)[/QUOTE]

About right aom,lol,scaffman just tried to pm you but you've barred pm's,probally due to the sexually frustrated pm's that's been flying around lately,ffs,parkhill's mate:cool:

Fuds R US.;)

About right aom,lol,scaffman just tried to pm you but you've barred pm's,probally due to the sexually frustrated pm's that's been flying around lately,ffs,parkhill's mate:cool:[/QUOTE]

Ah Yes, I think we had a quick chat whilst having a cig outside .

Private messaging has been restored.....Forgot it was off

That's right scaffman,swear by the navara pal,had mine from new,it's now on 90k and on a 06 plate but still drives like new,though i do service it every ten k instead of the recomended 18k,i'm not going to get a new one while this one's still good,though i would should this one die;)

That's right scaffman,swear by the navara pal,had mine from new,it's now on 90k and on a 06 plate but still drives like new,though i do service it every ten k instead of the recomended 18k,i'm not going to get a new one while this one's still good,though i would should this one die;)

Mines on 86k now, and as you say,ticks like a new watch, I think mines on a 08 plate

Top Bottom