Pasma on the apprenticeship course

timthumb

Reaction score
Is the pasma included on the scaffold apprentiship course as my step son has to erect a mobile tower tomorrow and he can't remember ....
I thought I saw it in his portfolio but can't get to it right now

No, they do get a taster of different systems and the like but you still need all the training.

Oh dear .... No pasma trained operative to erect the tower ....
Best they beg one of the other trades
I thought I saw the cert in his portfolio I must have been mistaken

You might not be mistaken, I have been caught out with this before as it is just course elements that are listed not individual qualifications. It say's on their tickets they have erected system and been trained in it but they still need the product course to do it. He may have built a tower and it may be listed on his certificate but unfortunately he is not qualified, mental I know.

All apprentices normally build an alloy tower on the foundation I.e. the first two weeks before they go on the part 1 a

Hi simian is that a pasma qualification or equivalent to ..... It was the course at erith and I believe it was pretty comprehensive and lads Attendence was 100%

i had the same thing last week - i was taking dorn a ali tower that was in my way and the SO stopped me and asked to see my ticket- showed him my advanced and told him how long i'd been doin it ,but all fell on deaf ears- i had to wait nearly an hour while a lithuainian laurel & hardy double act did what would have taken me about 20 mins cos the sgb mobile towers make was not on my ticket- the lunatics have well and truely taken over the asylum

All apprentices normally build an alloy tower on the foundation I.e. the first two weeks before they go on the part 1 a

Yeah but it doesn't qualify as a qualification, right?

when on me course i know the fella that run them for the companie and as were all plodding on here comes about 15 fellas and lads right off sellafeild and starts knocking up an ally tower so me been me say the lado that runs the courses dave . here dave wt ya think about them towers. he dont seem to think mush about them so i say can you please tell me why the fek you training them to use the fuking sh1t and his reply well how much ya think i get per person for them putting it up identyfiing the mistakes and a sandwich say 100-150 not bad per person i said i and its putting us lot out of feking work :mad::mad: the lads are just fitters mates etc and they put it up not bother and then the slinkey cant sent them to get a cupper and feked wid it and then aksed them what was rong with it the lads the put it up scratchiung his head thinking i know i didint put it up that way :laugh::laugh:

As the recession bites they all want a piece of our pie, been going on for some time now, I think that is just what happens when main contractors need to cut their cloth, more done in house and if they have to either change or bend the rules to do it so be it.

Yeah but it doesn't qualify as a qualification, right?

it does not need to be a formal qualification as its not an apprenticeship requirement but it acts as an icebreaker and gives them a bit of height experience when they first come in.

As the recession bites they all want a piece of our pie, been going on for some time now, I think that is just what happens when main contractors need to cut their cloth, more done in house and if they have to either change or bend the rules to do it so be it.

gonna be interesting wiv the tg20 rewrite and the phase qualified over competant- lets see how many agents want to be responible for the scaffold after a 2 day quickie- cutting cloth is one thing,risking lives is another

That's another one but it's actually one I quite like not been involved in, they can have it for me.

Ian,

It gives them a taste but do you not need a formal qualification to build that stuff?

Alistair if you are building them on site you do

Sorry to hound you Ian, just checking what I said in post 2 was correct. We never build them as I hate the stuff and enjoy telling them to beat it as we are not qualified. Just making sure I was using the correct excuse.:cool:

No problem, most if not all sites and companies want pasma

Yeah, and I want to charge them full price for putting up a full run of steel.:idea:

I've got PASMA, worth having, but load of bollox training... 1 day course taught by an ex sales hire desk bloke.... right con.. least you get the card though...

Top Bottom