Part 1 scaffolders wage

tommo1

Reaction score
Hi, I know it has a lot to do with what part of the country you're working from but is there a standard going rate for a scaffolder just getting his part 1 ticket. Southwest based.

My numpty that I've had with me for 4 years has recently passed his part 1 in April and he is on the rather handsome sum off £110 a day and that is probably £100 more than he's worth, u know what they say, "YOU CAN'T EDUCATE CABBAGE" cabbage will always be just cabbage..

Who says that? It's not a phrase I'm familiar with. I take your point though.:nuts:

My numpty that I've had with me for 4 years has recently passed his part 1 in April and he is on the rather handsome sum off £110 a day and that is probably £100 more than he's worth, u know what they say, "YOU CAN'T EDUCATE CABBAGE" cabbage will always be just cabbage..

:eek: Part one on £110? Fck a doodle do

you think lads,not long ago you would have to knock your guts out for that sort of money.
and im talking nationwide!!.

Seems a bit much to me. He's a good 21 year old lad but he's not that good

Two of the best scaffs I know are only part1. They never wanted to do part2. So pay them what they are worth not what ticket they have. Too many now think they deserve millions now they have a ticket and they are useless. If they earn it they deserve it

^ This.
Although it can be problematic with site agents etc who think the card is king.

Two of the best scaffs I know are only part1. They never wanted to do part2. So pay them what they are worth not what ticket they have. Too many now think they deserve millions now they have a ticket and they are useless. If they earn it they deserve it

Agreed, but Tommo's already said that the lads not very good, if they worth it, yeh, pay them what they're worth.

Top Bottom