Part 1/2

Tingo

Reaction score
Hi lads. I've held a part 1/trainee card for a while now and I've also done my nvq level 2, does this mean I will get a basic card when it is to be renewed or will it still be a trainee card?

Nope. I've done part 1 and done nvq level 2 and assessed for that but not a part 2 course.

Well I would have to say no then mate u will get a trainee card again untill u do 2 weeks course then 1 day final assessment

Ok pal cheers! Was just enquiring so I know to book my part 2 or not. Thanks.

100% trainee card mate I'm the same but make sure u do final assessment before card runs out as u can only renew trainee card once otherwise u will get a labourers card till nvq is completed

That's the card I already have. How do I go about doing a final assessment for the nvq then?

i thought it said part 1/2 (as in half).. half a course for the challenged scaffolders

Tingo. as i recall you can only complete your NVQ through a registered centre. Complete and submitt your NVQ portfolio, only once it has been passed and IV;d will they book you a final assessment date. if you descide to do a final assessment at another centre that centre then has to re register you, this will take time and has an additional cost implication. beware!! if you leave it toooooo long you may even end up having to do your part 2 and portfolio again which is a downer. best thing is to speak to one of the training centres im sure theyll have the info. Apporx cost of final assessment is about 250 quid i think, hope this helps fella.

Top Bottom