Pains in the arse

TomD

Reaction score
Just out of interest lads, what are the everyday problems scaffolders come up against?

Getting out of bed
Finding a decent cafe
Walking past the pub
Finding a knife to make a viewing panel in sheeting to view passing totty
:D

1. struggle to get out of bed,
2. no sandwich's made,
3. mate is late in picking you up,
4. traffic,
5. wagon late,
6. supervisor ordered wrong gear,
7. put scaffold up on wrong house, (now there's another thread)
8. sharing bait cabin with brickies:mad:
9. weather
10. sg4.05 or is it sg4.10 :D

thats enough typing for one day

aye, imposters maskarading as Scaffold Inspectors and feckin Brickie gaffers wantin custom Saddle backs :eek:...

Half arsed attempts at Project Managers who can't even answer the simplest of questions like scaffold clearances and heights.

Guys like today.......roofing manager asked for an independent scaffold erected to a steel structure to be sheeted. Wants it 1m from top of steel. After finally finishing the job the muppet comes round and says it's now too low. "Why's that?" I asked as it was built to his requirements, and he replied "there's a short arsed **** in the squad and he can't reach over" :weird: Deary Me.

Safety Inspectors who absolutely 100% insist on you clipping on 2ft from the ground because it says in your method statement that "harnesses will be used at all times" It doesn't matter that the harness is absolutely useless at that height.

Supervisors who think you're stupid enough to do half their work for no extra pay (Aye right)

Biggest gripe though is working on a job with no decent pub for miles. :cry:

11.Working on other scaffolder's sh1t jobs.
12.Having 5 different types of site management asking for different variations of the same job.
13.Altering the scaffold for the sixth time to what you suggested weeks ago.
14.Greedy foreman. (Can you do the sh1t paying job I forgot to order gear for, or can you snag my side of the job because I didn't do it right, even though your side is 100% perfect while I do the easy stuff with the money on it.)
15.Didn't have time to check the wages so I'll put it right next week.

Don't mind TG:20-08 or SG4-10 can live with them.

Last edited:
Just out of interest lads, what are the everyday problems scaffolders come up against?

Today's problem is trying to keep the boards on the scaffold despite 60 mph winds gusting to 90mph. The board retainers I bought and spend a lot of time fitting might not be the dogs I thought they were.:(

Haha some very interesting problems. Is this the reason most scaffs have a face like a smacked arse on the job?

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

hse and the scaff step

I've seen alot of people complain about them, why exactly are they such a big problem?

Today's problem is trying to keep the boards on the scaffold despite 60 mph winds gusting to 90mph. The board retainers I bought and spend a lot of time fitting might not be the dogs I thought they were.:(

Thats sounds like a pretty big problem to me haha, wheres your health&saftey officer when you need him :/ lol

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Brickies..

Thats another thing i've noticed on the forum, is the feeling mutual? do u think theres a brickies forum where they're all bitching about scaffs? haha :weird:

Haha some very interesting problems. Is this the reason most scaffs have a face like a smacked arse on the job?

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I've seen alot of people complain about them, why exactly are they such a big problem?

1. Alcohol

2. Mostly because they slow the job down so much there isn't a hope of making money.

As for brickies, I'm sure there is a forum like this one. Most brickies will tell you the sun shine out your arse to your face and then call you for everything once you walk away. Wouldn't mind if they had the balls to do it while you're standing there

aye, imposters maskarading as Scaffold Inspectors and feckin Brickie gaffers wantin custom Saddle backs :eek:...

Garry mate,I just done the course this week at Erith, as luck has it Ken Cain was the tutor,the man is a diamond and a real gent, there was a few brickies on the course. I said to them this could be a problem,what with the history between the trades. I said you know what'll happen if you tell a scaff his jobs not right. They said they know,but the course has given them an insight into the problems of over loading and taking out ledger braces. It seemed to me they left the course with a new found respect for scaffolding... Ken made it quite clear all the non scaffs passing this course,couldnt put a spanner to one nut.... Strange dont you think? A man is trained to find faults,but wouldnt have the foggiest when it comes to erecting one. Some people couldnt tell the difference between a swivle and a double. I see trouble ahead.:unsure:

brickies on dayworks who have done the inspection course pick up on the tiniest of things so they dont have to work. i have seen it before .getting themselves cabined up because the angle of the ladder isnt perfect or sole boards are running in the opposite direction to which they were shown . i have been on jobs where the brickies tag the job , how fooked up is that .someone whos done a sh!tty course saying if the scaffolds safe or not

brickies on dayworks who have done the inspection course pick up on the tiniest of things so they dont have to work. i have seen it before .getting themselves cabined up because the angle of the ladder isnt perfect or sole boards are running in the opposite direction to which they were shown . i have been on jobs where the brickies tag the job , how fooked up is that .someone whos done a sh!tty course saying if the scaffolds safe or not
Just pisss in their tool bucket at lunch time...Tossers

hahahhahha after the wan ker brickie tags it go and take a butt joint transom out ,
the look on his face as he drops "priceless" :evil:

Top Bottom