Overhead Power Cables

StoneScaffoldingLtd

Reaction score
Not too sure if this has been posted previously and if so apologies in advance!

Just highlights the dangers of the industry in which we work, in switching off for a minute.

Poor buggers........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoPPhdXWf_o]Four Painters Hit by 10,000 Volt Electricity when Moving Scaffold!(1 Survives)(*Warning* Graphics) - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah mate, I'm sure it has. I remember seeing it before. Poor, pretty stupid buggers it has to be said.

It's the steam coming off their smouldering bodies that gets you.

So easy done Stone , that poor bugger on fire seems to be alive for a long time , what an awful way to die .

I reckon it must've been the first one to break away from the live scaffold, the rest would've been horrifically burned internally. Nasty business man.:sick:

I did transmission about 2-3yrs ago joe and it was an experiance, working 10mts from 400.000kv at east claydon and getting static shocks from the handrail.

We had to do a hanger over a river on a railway bridge years ago , so the firm sent us on a track aware course which took us all day to complete , the first night there old dopey here stands up a 21 and gets screamed at by everyone on site as it was about 5 foot from the live overhead wire, It is easy to do when its natural to grab a tube and stand it up.

Very close Den , thats why lads that do that sort of work all the time should be the only ones doing it

When I did my persons course through DONG energy you learnt about all the voltages and the distance you could work from it, 0.3kv is the shortest distance at just over 1m, you can still die from that haha I thought wtf am I doing on this

One of the lads that used to work for me his young son lost his legs fishing with a carbon fibre rod. He never touched the cables it was the arc that got him. Apparently it's where the power leaves your body that gets the worst of the damage i.e. the legs as can be seen in the video above.

Nature has her own power lines and every year around this time a good friend of mine comes to mind especially when we get lightning storms like we are getting tonight. He was a fish farmer, just off shore when he took a direct hit. Must have been 20 years ago or more now but never forgotten.

Known as the earthing point stone. Only heard stories of it happening but never in real life, and i wouldnt want too.

Brings back memories of Mr Savage fawley oil refinery back in 2001 he took a hell of a belt I couldn't be sure I think it was 33.000 watts. On fawley then they had the dog tag system and it melted his tags into his chest and cooked him inside out and the almighty must have been looking down on him he lived

Brings back memories of Mr Savage fawley oil refinery back in 2001 he took a hell of a belt I couldn't be sure I think it was 33.000 watts. On fawley then they had the dog tag system and it melted his tags into his chest and cooked him inside out and the almighty must have been looking down on him he lived

Someone was defo looking out for him that day!

Love the grid work and done some big jobs in the 400 kv compounds, sharpens the senses but ultimately you do relax, found that I got a tinny taste in my mouth near the stuff and I believe some blokes are hypersensitive to it, love the grid me cracking blokes and everyones more than helpfull !

Top Bottom