Our bark is worse than our bite

Yorkshire Lee

Reaction score
OK,as you all know I own my own firm but it is only tiny,but I feel I need to say something,why are scaffolders scared to phone for jobs?I don't wanna let rip with my vicious tongue cos i'm new here and enjoy the friendships I have met so far,but really,what is it where people are scared to get on the phone,they won't bite your heads off,you can ring me any time and I will treat you like an human being,stop being scared young ones,our bark is worse than our bite.

Last edited:
I Can Remember That Havespanner, You Know One Foot In Front Of Another, I Must Have Traipsed From One End Of Dundee To Another Before Trying The Yard Closest To My Mums House In Lochee, Got A Start With Gkn Mills In Perrie Street, You Cant Beat Eye To Eye Contact. Nowadays Young People Think Everything Can Be Done On Line Or Over The Phone.

That's how I got my first job just left school walked in buliders yard it was a friday they were all there waiting to get paid I sihte myself I gave em a cv on the way out one of the plumbers turned up and it was a member of my dads fishing club what a touch got phone call 10 mins later from the boss " you start monday" those were the days

Remember walking round all the tug firms along the Thames at the age of 15 asking for a start, sure enough got the call couple of days later, great times.

Used to go round all the sites, asking if they needed anyone. got a few jobs from it, you don't seem to see it now.

Top Bottom