OOps i did it again.

paddy carr

Reaction score
How many times guys, as chargehand or supervisor, youve done this.

The gear is flying out the yard quicker than sh1t off a stick, i get Tubes and Boards transfered to my site, however there is no fittings anywhere. I put a order in for 1,000 singles, 1,000 doubles 100 sleeves, 200 swivels. they have to be bought.

3 weeks later the Contracts Manager says the fittings are on ther way. what are we doing now, stripping 16 blocks of scaff.

I now have a compound full of brand new bagged fittings and bins of old fittings coming in by the minute.

They will be going out soon, however, makes you feel like a Plum sometimes.

rather have and not need

then need and not have

youl find a use or the bags paddy,lol.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

youl find a good use for the bags mate,lol.

Done it a million times Paddy :embarrest: and I dare say I will do it a million more. Sometimes you need a crystal ball in this game. It doesn't help when the client doesn't keep you up to date with his plans and expects you to pull a 100 ton of gear out your ass on a Monday morning.:eek:

jumped the gun and bought 25 x 8 meter beams once , job cancelled beams sat in the yard for over a year :sad:

jumped the gun and bought 25 x 8 meter beams once , job cancelled beams sat in the yard for over a year :sad:

Sorry phill not nice I know but laughed when I read that and looked at your avatar as well.:laugh:

Sorry phill not nice I know but laughed when I read that and looked at your avatar as well.:laugh:

Whats the going rate for a bag of 25 Presco doubles, also price of drop forged singles 25 in a bag also, not selling just trying to comphtrhend any unneccesary billing that my Employer has incurred ?

i learned my lesson aom , they have been used many times since , like my odd nan used to say dont count your chickens ,(or beams in my case)

Don't sweat it Paddy, worse things happen at sea and as this thread is sure to prove there will be plenty more with worse woes to share. As for the cost, of the top of my head it's about £1.20 a fitting maybe a bit less, been a while since I had to buy any.:D

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

i learned my lesson aom , they have been used many times since , like my odd nan used to say dont count your chickens ,(or beams in my case)

Yeah no what you mean phill, spent most of Friday fighting off customers wanting jobs erected on Monday as a good client wanted quite a big job kicked off, only for him to call late Friday afternoon to cancel, shaks ma heid.:sad2: Works both way's Paddy and you will be glad you have these fittings soon.:cool:

55p a single and 85p a double 95p a sleeve. tube has doubled in price..since febuary I know of a massive hire company that been paying over £1 a ft for galvtube at the minute. baseplates 15p each.

Top Bottom