One day you will slip

Teeside,

Av you been around London today to photo the Bouffont kid at it again?

As much as it pains me I have to agree Teeside these days should be far behind us now. I was talking to a truck driver today who slipped and fell off the back of his artic trailer, smashed his shoulder and elbow been off work now for 3 months but hoping to go back Monday despite being in constant pain. Can you imagine trying to build a job in that condition or staying afloat for the months with either no money or basic money.

We've all done it. It's great until something goes wrong, and it will.

With all the health and saftey around how can this still be happening , those two guys give the industry a bad name .

Scaffolding: It's a means to an end - not a route to your end

We all worked like that years ago. Health and Safety and the claims culture has made the Uk soft.

tell that to the people who have fell and can no longer work or even walk or worse.. yes we have all done that, but theres nowt macho about being in a wheelchair for the rest of ur life. Over here if your not clipped on your sacked, simple as, zero tolerance, one bloke in Alberta was 6ft 2" without being clipped on, the limit is 6ft, he was sacked on the spot, that makes you clip on hey...

tell that to the people who have fell and can no longer work or even walk or worse.. yes we have all done that, but theres nowt macho about being in a wheelchair for the rest of ur life. Over here if your not clipped on your sacked, simple as, zero tolerance, one bloke in Alberta was 6ft 2" without being clipped on, the limit is 6ft, he was sacked on the spot, that makes you clip on hey...

Nothing about being macho just making the point about the health and safety machine. Councils having to remove public benches if under trees, kids not being allowed to play conkers and cups of coffee from maccas having to state that the cup may contain hot liquid.
As for clipping on many projects in australia it is mandatory to be clipped on when above grade (ie off the ground) so that can be a 6 inch kicker lift.

we dont use the step and to be honest its a bit like working in the 80's my opinion is allways have your harness on althow clipping on in that instance of the pic isnt gonna benefit ya more of a hindrance

Top Bottom