On your own for. The first time

Joe bawden

Reaction score
It's a daunting experience but finally come. Only doing house front n basics basic independents but **** it has to happen some day eh boys wats the words of wisdom??

Haha yes Chris how's it goin! Sed ur num incase I get any problems :p nah seriously hope ur enjoying kent mate. An stones. In anxious but I know what I'm doin but u no how it is. Responsibility is all on me for a change!

Joe it's a great time to set up on your own at this moment in time mate as there is just so much work around. We started to trade in anger around October last year and currently in a position where we have so much we cannot cope. Diary is full a few weeks in advance. So busy in fact we have had to draft Scaffy in at the weekends that's how desperate we are ;-)

Fella if i remember right when i finally got chargehand shout always had trouble sleeping that night after day at work in case Id not covered or done job correctly.

But never any probs or complaints following day, just do the best you can management will soon let you know if performance needs to improve.

keep focused shouldn't go far wrong

Good Luck Joe, Hope Everything Works Out For You Buddy.

Thanks guys was basic I independent and returns and a bay window lucky I dun my research or could have been tricky altho I'm proud and fancy for the support myfellow brothers

Stick to the home improvement market for the first year or two (roofers, roughcasters, solar panel, etc) if you can. Quick turnaround for your cash.
Always remember to take into account extra costs, (distance from base [fuel cost], is it a long walk with gear? and many other variables. These should all be factored into any price. It's a steep learning curve, one which I'm still on, but good luck mate. ;)

After reading this thread im now unsure if this fella has started his own firm or done his first charge hand job for a firm. I'm well confused.

Haha I went out in charge for the first time but thanks for the advice anyway!!

Top Bottom