on the cards or self employed

lofty73198

Reaction score
evenin all, just a quick one, im workin for a small company on the south coast with a part 2 ticket and a lgv ticket on 120 a day self emp, im thinking of going to a larger firm on the cards payin 130-135 a day but its gonna cost about 50 quid a week fuel. any comments anyone??

stay where you are and what firm

just a small company in weymouth, dorset . the company im thinking of goin to is about 65 niles travelling each day

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

the other firm is called dixons transmissions near wimborne

dixons a good firm mate , id stay put saves the drive bud

Grass is always greener !!

Not the best time to jump ship unless you have too :wondering:

its the driving that will piss me off,60 odd miles drive to work and back per day, then drivin the lorries!, but more money and paid bank holidays!.

i know what you mean bud , but is ya travel paid ???? If not then youl be no better off with fuel prices

I travel 180 miles tomorrow!!

Day to day worked for a firm 75 miles away for about 3 years, get used to it. Had a company van & fuel paid for so it wasn't that bad.

if travel was paid i would of gone!!!, nah its not mate, i think i made my mind up!!, plus i get private/ cash work where i am now

stay where you are the drive will be the end of you after a days work then falling asleep.....

ask you boss about train to gain and try to get your advance

by the way i dont know anything about dixons so that is not a judgement on them

train to gain doing lots of grants at min , heard good stories about dixons

Mike Dixon is a sound sound man.
if your on trans then chances are you will be all over the country.
Dont get caught out lofty.
Mike is an honest man does what he says.

dixon do some good structures and good work , time served established firm

i cant really travel too far, cos my second job is as a retained firefighter, so im on call evenings and weekends!. so i try to stay local, trans jobs are usually away jobs

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

train to gain do advanced ?, thought they just do part 2?

Top Bottom