On-line UKATA Asbestos Awareness

seems a cheap price and site looks okay swifty does the certificate have the clout on the jobs that are on the market

I was more worried about whether they would learn anything before potentially exposing themselves to asbestos.
The only way to find out is to sign up for one I suppose.

I was more worried about whether they would learn anything before potentially exposing themselves to asbestos.
The only way to find out is to sign up for one I suppose.

As with all courses, it depends on the attitude of those taking it - at least on a face to face course, the instructor should pick up on anyone taking no notice whatsoever.

A bit of research shows the company is a genuine UKATA member, and the HSE recognise e-learning as being acceptable for asbestos awareness training.

fek that some times ya need advise form some yan thats been doing it years or what ever som things should never be tort over the net

Last tuesday, along with 300+ others, I attended the funeral of a relative, Bob, Who 9 months ago was diagnosed with Mesothelioma. He was 63 and had worked in construction since leaving school. Like us all he became aware of the dangers of asbestos through basic job 'training'. It was obviously not enough. Asbestos is all around us in the buildings erected before the 1980's. As these buildings are renovated or demolished more of our fellow workers will be affected and suffer a very nasty and early death. Good training at all levels is imperitive to avert what I feel is a growing menace to all construction trade workers.

They tell me it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

Condolences Binthere.

the shiit killed my DA,and i would be wary of these training schemes.How many small demolition companys will put guys through this just to get the "certified"and lets face it if they dont get it right its the Scaffs who come at their back who will also be affected by any dispertion through negligence.
SOME THINGS DESERVE REAL TRAINING AND ASBESTOS IS DEFINETLY UP THERE.
I URGE ALL SCAFFOLDERS AND ALL WORKERS FOR THAT MATTER TO TREAT THE UPMOST RESPECT IT ONLY TAKES 1 FIBRE TO GET IN FOR THE TIME BOMB TO START TICKING

Top Bottom