oldest trainee in town

fix up look sharp

Reaction score
i think trainees are fantastic any young lad who wants to make it as a scaff has my respect me and my pal have always had them and some have stuck it out and made good names for themselves BUT today we had one turn up to the job 29 years old and six months in the game as soon as he found out my mate was 28 and i was 32 you couldnt tell him anything he had no respect for the fact we started when we were 16 are things getting that bad out there!

i think trainees are fantastic any young lad who wants to make it as a scaff has my respect me and my pal have always had them and some have stuck it out and made good names for themselves BUT today we had one turn up to the job 29 years old and six months in the game as soon as he found out my mate was 28 and i was 32 you couldnt tell him anything he had no respect for the fact we started when we were 16 are things getting that bad out there!

You know what to do then........ However.

Swings and Roundabouts, once he finds out his standing in the Food chain, Embrace him in the close knit culture of a well organised scaffolding gang. Once the My Tattoos are better than your tattoos are out the way, tell him, if we do this together, we will make money, all of us have to work together, i have never,ever done the. Me Scaffolder you Labourer, Tarzan and Jane sh1te. But at the end of the day , you are the Scaffs.

He'll learn the hard way pal theirs no I in team

we had a labourer on jdc he is a dead ringer of the bloke from the halfax adverts! he swore he was best labourer in london, everyone deserves a chance but the man was pony.

i always wait until there is a nice awkward canterlever or hanger then say " oh go on then you can do this as your so fu cking good " nearly always sorts them out

im a forty yr old labourer and i will work with anyone regardless of age as long as its a laugh and a team effort its all about the green at the end of the day ......and im looking for work in london now so if you are looking for a easy going hard working labourer ,im your man

we had a labourer on jdc he is a dead ringer of the bloke from the halfax adverts! he swore he was best labourer in london, everyone deserves a chance but the man was pony.

KASE - are you Terry Westcot?

and yes the guy you are refering to is Richard Ramkisson, what a plank but sad thing is he is the health and safety manager now on swift scaffolding

It happens mate...
I used to have it.

Id be on a job and be a chargehand over guys 10 years older then me, who have been 'in and out' of Scaffolding, unlike myself who has been on the spanners solid since i was 17.

Its a pain, but people think ages makes a huge difference, when experience and ability is what counts.
And ofcourse, how keen you are to still do the job. :)

hahaha :laugh:

If I ever get a labrador older than me......he will probably already have Rigour Mortis :D

Looks like the rigour mortis is setting in with you Charlie....... your picture looks dead...... :nuts: :laugh:

It happens mate...
I used to have it.

Id be on a job and be a chargehand over guys 10 years older then me, who have been 'in and out' of Scaffolding, unlike myself who has been on the spanners solid since i was 17.

Its a pain, but people think ages makes a huge difference, when experience and ability is what counts.
And ofcourse, how keen you are to still do the job. :)

your not managing right mate, its not as easy as it looks

well im with a pretty good firm now and really getting into the swing of things again .6 day weeks and agood laugh and the oldest there ,still learning ...lol

My Dad says every days a school day and he is really old..

i had a guy just outta jail , bout 8 years ago ,, he was helping me put in unit beams and i was telling him to watch his fingers when we joined them up ,,, cut a long story short we joined a beam and it shot in and his fingers where in the way , he squealed all over the site ,, sat down and was holding his hand ,, i got him to a boarded lift and asked for a look as all the tradesmen jumped to our aid to help ,,,,,,,,, he opened his hand and said ,,,, jesus christ that was a close on ,,, not a fckin scratch,,, i felt like a rite **** ,, work hardened scaff ,, tough as nails lololololol

to right im working with a young lad and he corrects me if i go wrong,its all about the team and getting the job done right,and hes half my age

Top Bottom