old type doubles

cassie

Reaction score
Nearly finished my scaffold course over here and for the hanger we used Burtons doubles, old as.... we used a 22mm ratchet, but would they be the old 1/2" fitting we had back in the day ? 1/2" is 23mm, but the 22mm ratchet fit ok, looking to buy a spanner for offshore here and wondered whether to buy a 22mm or our ols 1/2 one, what you reckon...
cheers.

Nearly finished my scaffold course over here and for the hanger we used Burtons doubles, old as.... we used a 22mm ratchet, but would they be the old 1/2" fitting we had back in the day ? 1/2" is 23mm, but the 22mm ratchet fit ok, looking to buy a spanner for offshore here and wondered whether to buy a 22mm or our ols 1/2 one, what you reckon...
cheers.

Yes cassie the old burtons 1/2", not a bad double in there day.

I agree. The UBM/Big Ben Double or 'little giants' were also a great fitting.
Sometimes you come across one now and again. These fittings last for years, not like the cheap imported Presco imitations from abroad you get these days.

I agree. The UBM/Big Ben Double or 'little giants' were also a great fitting.
Sometimes you come across one now and again. These fittings last for years, not like the cheap imported Presco imitations from abroad you get these days.
We used Burtons n Little Giants for handrailing steel structures long before Me old man discovered gravlocks.
The things We used to get away with!!
Let's be rate lads weren't the crack better in game back in day?
Before any younguns start slagging Me I'm not condoning old ways but I'm glad I wa there to see em.

the crack will always be better "back in the day"it was better "back in the day"for your old fella.when im a wee bit older it will have been better back in the day.scaffoldings like music it was always better when i was younger.

face it mick you are just getting older,and out of the loop with the young guns patter.

the crack will always be better "back in the day"it was better "back in the day"for your old fella.when im a wee bit older it will have been better back in the day.scaffoldings like music it was always better when i was younger.

face it mick you are just getting older,and out of the loop with the young guns patter.
May be getting older j+k but there's plenty of life in this old dog yet!!!
Just for record I wunt be a young un these days for a gold pig!!

Top Bottom