Old School Light Line

DarioWalkerScaff

Reaction score
Hi lads, I once worked with an old boy from south London who used to use a rope when striking/stripping. He had a way of tying his gear off and twisting the rope with his fingers to lower the get down o he deck. It was really easy to get gear down and the way he tied it took all the weight so the gear was easy to lower. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this done before and could explain in more detail exactly how it was done. Thanks chaps.

I still use a light line Bobby , i put a thread on here about it a while back.
the fastest way to strike a high job

Dont know bout you boys but my gravity hoist is excellent. Dont need a rope and wheel or lught line.:amazed::eek:. :toung:

Like tying off every tube as ur undoing it then lowering it straight down as opposed to walking it over to the other end of the scaffold, then tying it on the rope and wheel then letting it down???

Never seen it done that way before makes sense tho mate' in fact would be rapid if that's the way its done phil?

You just clear the gear as you strike it Bobby , all your labourer has to do is untie it and load it so you dont burn him out , you can hold 2 x 13 boards with 2 fingers literally .
you can even send down a 21 on a single standard thats hemped and it wont pull it over.
Long ladders 60 foot up just tie the top, couple of turns round a hand rail and just send it down from the the lift its on no stress .

Once while working for D+R we where sent 2 handed to strike a temporary roof about 70 high , i dropped all the unit beams 3 at a time still bolted together to the ground and we broke them up there.
I just tied the light line to the back flyer took 3 turns and just pushed the fu ckers out the front until they passed half way , mind they did make a hell of a bang as they smacked into the independent as they straightened up set of car alarms for about a mile radios :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Every scaffolder should have 100 foot of light line as part of his tool kit ,

it is a lot quicker than the ginny but still not as fast at flintys gamt method lol get the vid on phill and no jokes of jam sandwiches please lol i find it very offensive lol

I really dont know why you Northern lads dont like jam sandwiches

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Its actually quicker then bombing Marra because

1. you aint got half someones garden stuck up your tubes.
2. No risk of any damage.
3. Fittings dont get damaged.
4. No risk of injury to anyone.

You just clear the gear as you strike it Bobby , all your labourer has to do is untie it and load it so you dont burn him out , you can hold 2 x 13 boards with 2 fingers literally .
you can even send down a 21 on a single standard thats hemped and it wont pull it over.
Long ladders 60 foot up just tie the top, couple of turns round a hand rail and just send it down from the the lift its on no stress .

Once while working for D+R we where sent 2 handed to strike a temporary roof about 70 high , i dropped all the unit beams 3 at a time still bolted together to the ground and we broke them up there.
I just tied the light line to the back flyer took 3 turns and just pushed the fu ckers out the front until they passed half way , mind they did make a hell of a bang as they smacked into the independent as they straightened up set of car alarms for about a mile radios :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Every scaffolder should have 100 foot of light line as part of his tool kit ,

Sounds good phil I can imagine ya in the boozer on a friday night chatting some birds up " I can let 3 beams down with only 2 fingers" I know I would be : laugh:

Always best to carry the light line. Fittings straight down in a bag and on to the lorry. None of this bombing *****, then picking them out of the undergrowth. Handy for getting gear up to, but it does pull myback if I over do it. The rope and wheel comes out then.

When we used to do rope cradles a lot of the kit was pulled up on a light line , and it is damn hard work

Agree 100% marra, but then again thats what labs are for. my first job was on rope and wheel to three scaffs on price. fuuck me a learned quite quickly, now its by bitches turn.. hehe revenge is sweet.:D

when we used to do rope cradles a lot of the kit was pulled up on a light line , and it is damn hard work

wt the feks a rope cradle its hard enough pulling a 21 up on a light line

agree 100% marra, but then again thats what labs are for. My first job was on rope and wheel to three scaffs on price. Fuuck me a learned quite quickly, now its by bitches turn.. Hehe revenge is sweet.:d

the poor feker . Hope ya havent forgot were ya come form ya c@nt ;) lol honestly dont mind the wheel and rope bell ringing my preferd method lol

Treat em mean, keep em keen i say mate. start at the bottom and work your way up.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Im old school bud, not like these wet behind the ears newbies that think they deserve a top wage cos their card says so.;)

It was probally just a half hitch around a tube,usually off the handrail or over a trannie just above your head if it's a big job,the weight of the kit would pull it down,while your half hitch takes the friction,vital bit of kit is the light line;)

Top Bottom