Offshore

same as a basic no different rates unless chargehand etc
contact the union for the latest OCA pay agreement i presume you are in the union;)

Yeah I'm in the union! I'm thinking of doing my sea survival so was just wondering wot you get a week?

THe rates have gove up 3.75% since last April.

That's now £8.72 p/h

For what I do (2:2) I get just under £3K (net) per 4 weeks. Works out about £50K (Gross) a year. Not bad for 22 weeks work.

Baz

I'd love to get offshore but no point trying cus won't get out

surley you paye for your tickets benjo your get the start at the end of the day its only a powerstation with water instead of concrete may appeal to some think the money draws most scaffolders seems the beter payed jobs in scaffolding these days

used to be great with plenty of banter and men sticking together.They sat in with shell and bp trying in vain to get the troops done with piracy to get the conditions and pay that is now being thrown away due to the constant 3 weeker mob.If they want to work everyday going go on a refinery or powerstation.Keep the 2 and 2 for the guys that want it.
wouldnt blame anyone for wanting to try it as there are some great jobs to do,but there are many dangerous incidents that dont get reported due to the oil companies pennt pinching on safety and maintenance.
Best of luck if you do give it a try Fraser and watch your back for the backstabbing crawling cuunts they seem to breed out there nowadays;)

You're right mate, I have met too many back stabbing creepy crawlies that may as well just live offshore full time. The North Sea is slowly becoming infested with them and they generally have minimum enthusiasm which is only matched by their ability.

The worst of it is, there are decent Scaffolders sat at home on notice while these guys do the extra weeks. Also, one thing that never ceases to amaze me is their inability to kick a job off without tieing to something, and their penchant for being 'radio man'.

Do me a favour, **** off boring **** !

when i first went offshore in 95 you still had to graft although it was rewarded with OT which was Gratis or turns about for not turning out etc.
Most seem to think you are due a tea break every hour for at least 25 mins.As you say skyhook their enthusiasm is matched by their ability.I dont mind guys who have came from the street but keen to learn but when they claim to know it all but dont bother their arses that does my heid in.
NONE OF US WERE BORN SCAFFS BUT HARD GRAFT AND A GOOD ATTITUDE CAN MAKE YOU ONE;)

a job offshore can be around 2300 to 2800 for the 2 weeks(month) its not all that good when you see the state of some of the feckers i have a video clip of the gratings i will try and upload IF THE HEINEKEN DOESNT GET THE BETTER OF ME:eek:

Cheers for all the info! I'm going to give it a go, always best to see for my self!

i am up at 5 for work so yes shandys
polished off a bottle of Glenmorangie Astar just about 4 weeks ago and it was something else no hangover its the bees knees as we say up here;)

tryed to upload the vid but its not supported may send it to garry adams or the poacher to upload it
worth a watch

I started offshore in 2005, I have been lucky and been in regular work, as you know with the offshore game it is generally just being in the right place at the right time.

I have met a few of the older hands, the people who did strike for the 2\2 rota and the holidays,pay ect and consequently were out of work for a time following their actions, and I take my hat off to them. They helped create the conditions we take for granted today, they had the foresight to see the bigger picture.

Three week trips, cashing holidays in. I don't do either.

I've never had a core crew slot, although I was long term ad hoc on a project. The focal point liked to try and tell us we were core crew, he never convinced me. We were there for the project, when the budget was gone so were we. I'll admit I was suprised by the reaction of some of the lads when we were told we were down manned. In their minds they had made a career for themselves there, unfortunately the purse strings burst their bubbles.

Moving from project to project, it's refreshing to say the least. Just dodging the pointless ******** politics is a gift in itself. Luckily this year I have been moving between one of the better paying operators installations.

As you say about the tea breaks, I won't knock them as thats how it is. But in my mind you have to play the game, at least do you're bit when you're on the park. It is bizarre how when some guys are on the job there is no interest, but you need signs and barriers in the tea shack.

SKYHOOK you are obviously enjoying what was hard fought for and you are well deserving of it all Brother
the fact that men sat on HELI DECKS TO STOP CHOPPERS LANDING during the strikes seems to mean nothing to most of the layabouts pertaining to be SCAFFS:mad:

Cheers, I am genuinely waiting for a gang of them wearing capes to turn up :eek:

I started offshore in 2005, I have been lucky and been in regular work, as you know with the offshore game it is generally just being in the right place at the right time.

I have met a few of the older hands, the people who did strike for the 2\2 rota and the holidays,pay ect and consequently were out of work for a time following their actions, and I take my hat off to them. They helped create the conditions we take for granted today, they had the foresight to see the bigger picture.

Three week trips, cashing holidays in. I don't do either.

I've never had a core crew slot, although I was long term ad hoc on a project. The focal point liked to try and tell us we were core crew, he never convinced me. We were there for the project, when the budget was gone so were we. I'll admit I was suprised by the reaction of some of the lads when we were told we were down manned. In their minds they had made a career for themselves there, unfortunately the purse strings burst their bubbles.

Moving from project to project, it's refreshing to say the least. Just dodging the pointless ******** politics is a gift in itself. Luckily this year I have been moving between one of the better paying operators installations.

As you say about the tea breaks, I won't knock them as thats how it is. But in my mind you have to play the game, at least do you're bit when you're on the park. It is bizarre how when some guys are on the job there is no interest, but you need signs and barriers in the tea shack.

Anybody who has never been offshore and is planning to go should read this post and take it in.

Awesome post mate one of the best ive seen on here,

You have summed it up perfectly play the game stay away from the politics.

Top Bottom