offshore

johnboy101

Reaction score
Just passed my EU Survival and MIST course and have my EU medical Certificates anyone got any contacts would be appreciated. THANKS

Nice 1 need sum numbers now coz heard the hardest thing is getting on your first rig

No mate.

But ive always wanted to have a go, just for the experience, more then anything.

Im an Advanced Scaffolder already, but id like to get my IRATA level 1, or if im lucky to get enough hours onshore my IRATA level 2 also, before going offshore.

IRATA - Industrial Rope Access Trade Association, which is basically Abseiling and Rigging. :)
Id like to see how well it would work to combine both jobs' skills.
I think it'd work pukka offshore.

Ive been told that your first rig is the hardest and worst paid, but they say, with any luck that 1 rig can propel you onto the big money rigs in the Gulf and the Far East.
Or so im told.

sounds good gota a few contacts so gona see what i can get its afoot in the door init, Gota start sumwere nice 1

Nice mate, nice.

Let me know how you get on.
I heard a whisper about a job in Norway a while ago, but it was just literally a whisper.

If i get anymore info ill try to pass it on to you.

Just passed my EU Survival and MIST course and have my EU medical Certificates anyone got any contacts would be appreciated. THANKS
johnboy i know it sounds dodgy but this worked for a youg guy i had working with me ,
on your cv make up a recent trip onto 1 off the rigs say (brent bravo 1 trip last year say july , put you where down-manned for bed space.
I worked offshore for 12 years and i know from experience that the firms wont touch you unless you have experience offshore so you have to tell a little white lie.
hope this helps johnboy

COOL IT WITH THE ROPE ACCESS CRAP JASON.
THOSE ***** ARE COSTING HARD WORKING SCAFFOLDERS THEIR BREAD AND BUTTER.
THE AMOUNT OF WORK THESE HILLWALKING BAWBAGS STEAL FROM US IS A JOKE,AND THE BEST OF IT IS THEY WILL DO ANYTHING AND ANYBODYS JOBS,FROM PAINTING,TO CABLE PULLING YOU NAME IT THEY CLAIM IT,AND THEY CANT DO ANYTHING WELL AT ALL:mad::mad:

Rope access lvl 1 with scaffolding? You wont get much with that offshore and if you do you want shooting, Your either a scaffolder or not you turn coat!

JASON I WILL PUT IT DOWN TO A TYPO :eek:
HAVING SEEN YOUR OTHER POSTS I DONT THINK YOU WOULD GO THROUGH WITH IT--------BUT IF I DO SEE ANY OF THE SKATEBOARDING ***** WITH THE NAME JASON ON THEIR OVERALLS GOD HELP HIM;)

taylor nows the time keep on at them they need holiday cover , take anything even a couple of days
so you got offshore experience , fax the fookers your cv every day they ll soon get sick enough to take you on. never email it its tooeasy for them to delete it

dont mix the dope on a rope with real scaffolding, this multi tasking is abused by the bosses, rope access + blaster sprayer + part 1 scaffolding = down man scaffolders and very dangerous situations, fuking diluties no time for them, back stabbers, beleive me Iv had first hand experience with then wallapers

Done both jobs offshore, and yes, the rope access boys are *******, lazy ******** and all they talk about is climbing... unskilled *****.

there is no question that rope access is a skill but what are they going to once they access the area of the task at hand if they are not skilled in the task what good are they :embarrest:, slap dashing, jet washing and grease monkeys :unsure:

Top Bottom