offshore scaff step

unworkable on most jobs , i never seen them offshore and there none in the yards on the tyne , none street work either . i only used one once and that was cos it looked like a new toy

i only wated to know because how is it that we have to put up with nasc regs enforced by jumped up site agents yet the so called leaders in our industry dont have to conform.....is it money by any chance

As I have mentioned on another Thread---the only time that Iv seen a Scaff Step is the illustration in the SG 4:10 Document.

Reports from several Members in the Oil and Gas Sector indicate that the Scaff Step is not used either on their Offshore or allied Onshore Process Facilities.

If any Member is using this particular AGR System please feel free to comment.

Garry...

why dont they use it garry because it is supposed to be the safest form of advancement

skin68

Offshore Safety Culture is far in advanced to that of Commercial and Domestic Construction Best Practice the very nature of the environment in which we work in demands a more questioning Safety Philosophy, perhaps the H&S Management Teams have already identified that the Scaff Step in a liability and have adopted alternative Fall Suppression Methods and Systems.

Garry...

am from jarra mate .what im trying to say is how come we on the beach seem to be getting tortured with rules and regs yet there not put to work offshore which is supposed to be the game leader.

skin68

They wont use them because they present more problems than they solve. The long term chronic health effects have not yet been identified.

Creating yet another tier of Risk Assessments is merely adding to the Safety Loss Prevention Strategies which have already reached saturation point.

Garry...

Top Bottom