offshore pay offer

the big 3 as they get called would probably love to pull out of the agreement but the OCA is the offshore contractors association and if you aint in it you cant tender for any of the other members work IE, PSN WOODGROUP AMEC AKER KVAERNER ETC.
The moral of the story is that the gang of 3 will have to abide by the wage agreement no matter what they think of it.
as for the cash offshore at the moment and in the future i dont think its too great and things will only get worse whern they attack our holiday entitlement.
A FECKING ALL OUT STRIKE IS DUE THE PLATFORMS ARE FALLING TO BITS AND AS THE ELGIN SHOWED RECEANTLY YOU ARE WORKING AND SLEEPING ON A TIME BOMB FOR 2500 A MONTH.
the elgin isnt the only major incident out there receantly but they couldnt cover that one up thats why it made the news brothers

i worked on the elgin when it was being built in nigg bay,and being a REAL SCAFF i sometimes wonder was it all my fault because of the states i went in to work DID I LEAVE A DOUBLE IN THE WELL HEADS ETC and then i remember that cant AOM was there as well it must ahve been him ;)

haha, worse than that I was on the hook up down on the well heads and couldn't get the scaffold to fit without cutting boards so I gave the wheel a wee half turn and now the scaffold fits like a glove.:eek:

I KNEW IT IVE BEEN OFFSHORE WITH LITTLE OR NO INTERNET ACCESS AND ITS BEEN GOING THROUGH MY HEID SO I THOUHGT FRIDAY NIGHT HE MAY HAVE A WEE SWALLY AND ADMIT IT SO HEY PRESTO IT WORKED.AWAIT THE CHAP AT THE DOOR MY FRIEND ;)
PS ANY EXTRA WORK FOR A REAL SCAFF APPRECIATED :eek:

i worked on the elgin when it was being built in nigg bay,and being a REAL SCAFF i sometimes wonder was it all my fault because of the states i went in to work DID I LEAVE A DOUBLE IN THE WELL HEADS ETC and then i remember that cant AOM was there as well it must ahve been him ;)

I did about 3 weeks on the Elgin also in Nigg. Fkn hated it.
Anybody remember the management team there, Drew Riddick etc?

as regards the offshore pay rise there are too many guys out there scared for their jobs,and like it or lunp it the games fucked out there.
As regarding Scaffs there is too much dead wood who unlike Scaffolders of Old are not too willing to speack up to DAFEND THEIR RIGHTS.
scaffs offshore are being binned for stepping on a toeboard to tighten a fitting yet GAS LEACKS,FIRES AND ALL SORTS OF MAJOR INCIDENTS are being covered up
the place needs a strike to sort it out :mad::mad::mad:

I've been out the UK 7yrs and the pay still hasn't changed fecken disgrace, I worked on a centrica platform off humberside which had a 12ton gas release and it blew the riser platform to fecken pieces, luckily no one one was killed and I mean luckily. it was a bigger gas release than the piper. All the scaffs etc who out their for RBG to repair the damage were made to keep silent over it cos it supplied 20% of the UK domestic market at that time and it would have caused panic in the stock market. They don't give a feck about the safety they just keep pumping and holding back on the maintenance budgets. Stay safe lads.

Top Bottom