offshore new start

coyle1709

Reaction score
Hey people looking for some advice???
I've been doing scaffolding now for 5 years and i can honesty say i love my job got my part 2 and I've recently just done my survival but i just seem to have hit a brick wall when it comes to getting a job offshore lol if anyone has any advice on where to start or any one to contact concerning offshore work i would really appreciate it

cheers boys

Just ring them every day and you may get off.

Or if you know some one offshore to put word in for you.

Advanced card would help aswell.

Did you do mist aswell

and a up to date medical

You and a thousand like you Coyle. There are no shortcuts just keep banging your head on that brick wall and eventually when the locals are fed up and want home(usually around Christmas) you will get your kick in.

Remember and tell them you have never been off before. My first trip I got a taxi from the yard and they told me there was another to get picked up before the heliport and we were to meet the gaffer who was on the rig. The first question he asked me was how long have I been off and quite nonchalant told him never, his face went chalk white as he had never been off either. We reckoned the gaffer would have a fit when he found out we were newbies but I still told the man who was as cool as and said no problem he would keep me right which he did and we are still mates today. Try and kid them on and it will be very different.

Cheers boys i knew it wasn't going to be easy I'll just need to become the scaff from hell who won't stop phoning bully them into getting a start/ got my mist,survival and up to date medical also got the Norwegian chute
cheers again for the advice boys

Top Bottom