Offshore Holiday Pay

andaz

Reaction score
What are your opinions on 'If you dont use them you lose them' If you dont use them you should be able to tip them out at the end of the year. I was on for cape a few years back and collected my holidays till crimbo and got them paid out in a big wage, am workin for salamis now and they have said if you dont use them you lose them...

There is a theory that companies should make sure you take your holiday. Good health and all that. So they now have a double whammy, be seen to make you take them and don't pay you if you don't. My advise, unfortunately. Take them!!!

It's a nice problem to have mate. Get the Thomson brochure out.

Paid Holidays, are exactly what it says on the tin

We all know the reasons why it is advisable to regular have "down time"

people thought for the right to get paid holidays,and are still fighting to keep them.
offshore first started as 3 and 1 then after a strong fight the MEN got it down to equal time,and then only about 10 years ago we started getting holiday pay working up to the full 4 weeks.NOW YOU HAVE GUYS NOT WANTING TO TAKE THEM,AND EVEN PUTTING THEIR HANDS UP FOR MORE TIME,ITS A DISGRACE ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY MEN OUT THERE SCRATCHING THEIR ARSE WITHOUT JOBS.:mad:
ITS NO WONDER THE GAMES FECKED

It's fuckd when they fought all this time for 2on/3off.......then the greedy c$$nts just do a 3 weeker and still have two off every trip. More cash less time on job in my eyes.

Top Bottom