offshore experience=the holy grail

joebag

Reaction score
who do i have to bribe or torture to get my first trip,by bribe i mean an iou, by torture i mean a chinese burn

you have to be cream of the crop mate.. no rough ***** allowed...

Anywhere in Europe mate,just sorting the bosiet and mist out then I'm ready,I'm not the quickest scaffolder but can be very precise and work to drawings,that much bs out there about how hard it is to get on,mainly by people wanting to keep it a closed shop but I lived in the states for years and a can do attitude gets you everywhere so here's for teaching an old dog new tricks ;)

Here is a new trick Joe, forget precision scaffolding off shore. The roughest scaffolders and scaffolds I have ever seen were on some rust bucket in the north sea. There were obviously plenty of good one's but not enough to make a real difference. Off shore is all about putting in the time, doing as much graft as you can muster just to try and get through the day and wishing you were back in the boozer with your mates telling them all how wonderful it all is in the north sea, good luck.

Here is a new trick Joe, forget precision scaffolding off shore. The roughest scaffolders and scaffolds I have ever seen were on some rust bucket in the north sea. There were obviously plenty of good one's but not enough to make a real difference. Off shore is all about putting in the time, doing as much graft as you can muster just to try and get through the day and wishing you were back in the boozer with your mates telling them all how wonderful it all is in the north sea, good luck.

Very true

joe its not all its cracked up to be the moneys not that great when you consider the ELGINscenario not to mention the bond helicopter fiasco.there were are sorts of other incidents on platforms that go unreported.
as for the best scaffolders yes there are some very good scaffolders but there is a very big amount of dead wood to put it poliely.
bide yer time it will happen,have you got nowhere with hertel or cape onshore

cv gone in to a few of the big boys,would love to get soaked up by one of them,will keep plugging away as once i get through the door my work does the talking,thanks for the advice all greatfully received:)

You have to keep calling everyday, better chance if you live in Aberdeen aswell...

yes as HSWT stated its not only Aberdeen Salamis and Capes have bases in lowestoft,google them and you never know.
you will have to make sure you have all your stuff up to date medical included.

Hey Joe,
I'm currently on for Stork Technical (RBG) Aberdeen, deadwood is a thing all trades have to put up with I'm afraid, and there is plenty out here, it's an easy living for them, so if you get out here don't let them take the p*ss too much......

Just depends which contract company you end up working for, that will depend on the level of safety you get, in the Northern fields off Aberdeen it's not too bad just now. Not sure about the southern fields off Yarmouth, not been there for a few years.

If you want to get on that bad, you have to be in the right place at the right time, or on the phone at the right time.

PM me and I'll pass you some contact No's

ort marra not sure if this might help but give cumbria design scaffolding a ring they have the contract on the offshore windfarm off south cumbria and they have to use the vantage card system so am asuming if you could get off with them for 1 trip you good to go worth giving them a ring and stricking a deal if it may be the case but like most it may not be but worth a ring marra the lads off shore will be able to tell you if its possible to class a wind farm as a trip off

ort marra not sure if this might help but give cumbria design scaffolding a ring they have the contract on the offshore windfarm off south cumbria and they have to use the vantage card system so am asuming if you could get off with them for 1 trip you good to go worth giving them a ring and stricking a deal if it may be the case but like most it may not be but worth a ring marra the lads off shore will be able to tell you if its possible to class a wind farm as a trip off

how the fcuk did they get that contract like pal, they done a couple of jobs near us in past few months n only wish i had a camera to show the pics on here cos they was fcukin shocking like, i'm not the best scaffolder like but no a good/bad job when i see one....

how the fcuk did they get that contract like pal, they done a couple of jobs near us in past few months n only wish i had a camera to show the pics on here cos they was fcukin shocking like, i'm not the best scaffolder like but no a good/bad job when i see one....

lol no idea marra they go off at jasm land an all twice a week 200 a shift not bad eh and crnt be as bad as ours are now and again lol

Top Bottom