not happy!!

fezzie

Reaction score
I wont name the steel works were im working but on there for a shut down period,its through an agency!! but needs must and its work.a new scaff started but through a diff agency and guess what he's on £2 more an hour.how the f.... can this be right?.rung my agency up and they blamed everybody else so got nowhere.13 years at it,starting to get a bit downhearted by it all.

I wont name the steel works were im working but on there for a shut down period,its through an agency!! but needs must and its work.a new scaff started but through a diff agency and guess what he's on £2 more an hour.how the f.... can this be right?.rung my agency up and they blamed everybody else so got nowhere.13 years at it,starting to get a bit downhearted by it all.

play them at there own game jump ship there soon get rid off you when work goes quite unfortunatly no loyalties in this game anymore out for yourself these days frezzie!!!

100% agree mate.

Agencies are crap, but atleast you know where you stand with them and theres no love-lost or loyalties with them - unlike a Scaffolding firm, who mostly make out they are doing you a favour giving you a job, all the while they are shafting you as much as they can... :worried:

Maybe jump over to that new agency, for the extra £2 an hour?

Also, they might be on more per hour on a flat rate, but have you spoke to this guy properly?
You might be getting a better deal for overtime/weekend work/holiday pay/digs & travel, stuff like that. Which might even out the less rate your on?

100% agree mate.

Agencies are crap, but atleast you know where you stand with them and theres no love-lost or loyalties with them - unlike a Scaffolding firm, who mostly make out they are doing you a favour giving you a job, all the while they are shafting you as much as they can... :worried:

Maybe jump over to that new agency, for the extra £2 an hour?

Also, they might be on more per hour on a flat rate, but have you spoke to this guy properly?
You might be getting a better deal for overtime/weekend work/holiday pay/digs & travel, stuff like that. Which might even out the less rate your on?
all ready spoke to him and compared to my rate hes on about 40 a day more than me,got the number of the agency off him,time to jump ship!!!!!.i just dont think its right mate.

No mate, its not, not at all...

Chances are is that your agency is charging the exact same for you, as this other one is charging for this other guy and your agency is pocketing the extra cash.
Otherwise they'd be still using your agency, if they was charging £2 an hour less.

Good luck jumping ship mate.
Hopefully it'll work out better. :)

get the agencys to feck,on a major project like a steel works shutdown there should be no agency workers.
the fact that they are fannying about with rates could surely be an issue for the main contractor,as health and safety are "supposed" to be paramount the worker on the lesser rate may not be focussed on the job 100% and therefore increasing the chances of an accident or incident.
if they have the STOP CARD system or similar fill one out and get others to do it anonymously to highlight the issue.
i am a union member and the first thing i would do is see the steward.
best of luck anyway

Looking for a part 2 scaffolder/driver to work on response maintenance contract within London, good rates of pay, must be reliable, possible permanent work 7-4 mon - frid + Sat work optional over time.

Contact

Sarah
Contracts Manager
07565 235 646

or
James
Director
07889 997365

we are a scaffold company

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Dont wanna sound sexist or whatever, but id guess thats its almost 99% an Agency - Ive never known a Scaffolding company to have a woman as Contracts Manager, lol.

Well now you do!!! i am the manager of the company and have been for the past 10 years!!:)

Welcome sarah
why not post you own tread just to say hello and a bit about the company would break the ice
good luck

we are a scaffold company

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Well now you do!!! i am the manager of the company and have been for the past 10 years!!:)

Really???

Ok, sorry.
My apologises, lol. :embarrest:

What of me...?
Ok, just for you Teesside.

22517.jpg

That was me a few weeks ago, at some parade or march or something. :p

i wish id never said owt,hahaha.cheers for the comments lads and lady

Top Bottom