Not Enough Sole Boards

rc22

Reaction score
Was called on site by main contractor as scaffold was condemned due to sole boards, on inspection i said it was okay as they where glued together and nailed and you could use as staircase to get up the bank. The games getting tougher every day!!

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 204
haha, shower of lazy rat bags, why did they not just dig it out or move that standard? Maybe you should have a read of IDH's blog on ground pressure.;)

Friends i am new here and wants to start construction of my house there for i need a good scuff fold company .Which is a big cause of my joining here .I see some good information about this process here i think i will helpful for me .Some one advised me about it and give me suggestions about it .

Welcome to the forum Linen. It's mainly UK scaffolders on here but I have seen a few from the good old US of A. From what they have said it's a carpenters thing out there so speak to a builder who will price for any scaffold you need.

haha, shower of lazy rat bags, why did they not just dig it out or move that standard? Maybe you should have a read of IDH's blog on ground pressure.;)

This isn't really a scenario covered in my blog (see design forum)!

I thought it looked ok, maybe a bit of a fatal flaw by not overlaying them but not bad.:eek:

The main contractor has failed to provide a suitable base for the scaffold contractor, the scaffold contractor should have refused to base out until the whole base had been installed to an acceptable standard. The scaffolders turn up and just crack on thinking they are making the best of a bad job. As with most issues it's a lack of planning, it pays in the long run to attend site prior to scaffold teams attending site an formally accept base from contractor as fit for purpose. If the base is not up to standard no scaffolders programmed to attend site.

We had a lad working wiyh us a fair few years ago, who we nicknamed Breeze block Dave. Not only did he put a standard on one,but was a front leg on a loading bay. I sh1t you not. And he never got sacked. The good old days ay???? Ha ha ha.

We used to have to put in a very low lift about a foot high sometimes for the brickies if the ground was very uneven , i just used to use bricks , blocks , timber in fact anything i could find that would save me putting in standards, to fu cking good to work on uneven ground brickie

We used to have to put in a very low lift about a foot high sometimes for the brickies if the ground was very uneven , i just used to use bricks , blocks , timber in fact anything i could find that would save me putting in standards, to fu cking good to work on uneven ground brickie

Ahh the old blocking lift. They were banned in 1997 by the HSE.

Main contractors dont care if grounds uneven, either base out or well get another scaffold firm in, no one can afford not to base out in this current climate. We all need money to pay the bills etc.

Was called on site by main contractor as scaffold was condemned due to sole boards, on inspection i said it was okay as they where glued together and nailed and you could use as staircase to get up the bank. The games getting tougher every day!!

throw a ladder beam across the bays turn the double round with check. job done no one should be digging they dont do cisrs digging courses yet:laugh:

it could have been the same gang that did this ......it seems to common practice on some sites these days

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 40
it could have been the same gang that did this ......it seems to common practice on some sites these days

thats unexsperience thats not lazy scaffolders what a load of s!it they want sacking

Shocking cant believe they didn't use the cigarette butt next to it lol, and Dico cant put beam in unless designed!!

Shocking cant believe they didn't use the cigarette butt next to it lol, and Dico cant put beam in unless designed!!

yes this may be true but this is the real world how many scaffolders will ring up for a design for a ladder beam not many 10% perhaps i think most would only bother on a large site were the regulations are very tight but that picture with the twig under the ledger with the boards just shows you what w!ankers are out there i would say put a beam above the next lift and pull the belly out of it but you cant you need a design:laugh:

Top Bottom