Not a job you see every day...

I did something similar about 30 years ago up a cliff on a beach in Dover.
In the UK this would not be acceptable as you can only have two flights before a 90 deg change in direction.
Its a long way to roll if you trip at the top!!

i'd of give them an extendable roof ladder

In the UK this would not be acceptable as you can only have two flights before a 90 deg change in direction.
Its a long way to roll if you trip at the top!![/Q

How long can a flight of stairs be Alan ?

Its a long way to roll if you trip at the top!!

Well we wish you had dismantled it Alan.
No wonder all the immigrants come to Dover knowing you have provided easy access up those famous white cliffs.

13 steps i think its it marra then a landing then 13 then a right angle lol sure its 13

A flight of stairs is determined more by the number of risers which is 16 max before you need a landing. The size of the rise determines the going (tread size) Then unless it has changed you can have only two flights in a line before you need to change direction. This change can be via an off set stair in the same direction.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Well we wish you had dismantled it Alan.
No wonder all the immigrants come to Dover knowing you have provided easy access up those famous white cliffs.

Nearly dismantled itself Fred, It was erected on frozen ground which defrosted and the ground started to slide taking the stair with it. Had to be knocked down and rebuilt vertical off steel piles with a big span from the vertical tower to the top of the bank:embarrest:

i thought it was JACOBS LADDER when i first seen it
anyway i dont like those alloy/steel treads no good up here when you get a wee bit of frost/ice but as Allan has rightly stated i would only slip down 2 flights as opposed to right down the whole lot in Germania;)

Top Bottom