Northern OZ, LNG PLANTS or OFFSHORE?

coatsy

Reaction score
Hello lads just wanna pick your brains for a minute. AS the title says i'm interested about the northern terrotories, lng plants, mines or offshore. looking to go over there but aint got the slightest idea how to go about. Any info would be much appreciated about emmigrating, jobs pay and conditions and visas. Cheers ppl. :bigsmile:

I worked on the LNG plants in the Isle of Grain a few years ago and it was decent money and you did practically nothing, lol.

Though, not sure how it would be over there though...
Ive heard the Aussie Mines are some of the best paying Scaffolding jobs in the world, if not thee most.

:idea:Hi Coatsy,

If your under the age (28 it may be more now) you can apply for a 12 month working visa which you may be able to extend via the firm you are working for, most of the firms over there want Brit scaffs because of their tube & fit experience. You need to obtain your Aussie tickets before you can work, easy enough but make sure you give yourself time to get them (up to nine days if your going for Advanced).

If I was you I would get a job in Brisbane say (Bell Scaffolding) good firm run by a Brit before heading up North, this will give you time to get your tickets, make some money and get the feel for the Aussies and the girls over there. :)

Keep your head down don't gob off (they love a ruck) many a Brit scaff been slung out the country for fighting, if you have to, make sure it's on your terms not there's IE: don't fight in the pubs over there.

As Jason said, the pay and conditions are 2nd to none that's what a GOOD union can do for the work force.

Good luck, I am sure you will have a great time over there as Oz is one of the best Countries in the world and every young man should try it out.

PS, if you do work in Brisbane, go to Stradbroke Island for the weekend (not far) Fcking awesome place.

Bob :idea:

Top Bottom