north east prices

neil81

Reaction score
started doing some jobs of my own but not sure on prices could anyone help its in the north east i know prices vary across the country.

base lift per metre 1st lift 2nd lift etc thanks

if you can work out prices in north east you doing better than me , the whole place is full of under cutting muppets , well might be bit harsh that but once you out the main towns an cities its a major guessing game , I suggest cutting your own path my friend dont worry about other peoples prices , workout whats best price for you and stick with it, taking too much notice of other peoples prices is bad for your wealth, health and sanity.

interserve about £8.40 pm pyroye about £9pm if you want to compete with them muppets your a better man than me, some others the same, get your own price and stick to it, you will lose plenty jobs, but dont let it get you down, just stick to your prices

interserve an pyeroy as low as that daz , fcuk me I dont know how anyone makes money at all on less than £10-00 a mtr an even at a tenner a mtr you need help in my opinion.

Bloody hell, those prices I wouldnt even get out of bed for a cash job.

Good advice from the others though, if it dont pay, dont do it.

When you first start pricing don't get fooled by the con men, If someone tells you they can get it cheaper then let them get it cheaper. I like walking away from the idiots knowing I got away with it and didn't get suckered into trying to beat a stupidly low price. Work out a price for each individual job, what you feel to be fair, in they don't like it. Move on to the next one.

JESUS.............
Thats sh1t rate, best bit of advice mate is move south, London area £20-£30 a metre run, better to operate an hour away and the living and runing cost are easier,
My advice is call local companys give em a chimney stack, basic 2 up 2 down for re-roof and 4m tower 4 lifts, then ask for price over phone.
then work out your metre run from there's.

[You dont become a scaffolder, your born one!]

Just remember ya can't get the same amount of mtrs up in the Winter,So make hay while the sun shines you've never met a skint Farmer...lol...

started doing some jobs of my own but not sure on prices could anyone help its in the north east i know prices vary across the country.

base lift per metre 1st lift 2nd lift etc thanks

not trying to be funny but if you dont know how to work that out then your doomed to failure.

but if its a cash job then work out how long it will take ( dont forget the dismantle ) take that total wage figure and multiply by 2.5 you wont be far of it.

if its a proper on the books job then get someone to help you that actually knows how to price and run jobs.

and dont listen too much about what interserve and pyeroy are charging, they have millions of £'s of equipment depreciating over long periods of time and can take a view on how they depreciate it on the books. you wont have that luxury, pyeroy for instance will also have 400 scaffs on the books and can afford to make 8% on the bottom line for the scaffolding business. 5% overall of 90million company ain't a bad sum.

Last edited:
Have to agree with Daz and Superscaff. The prices in the North East are a mess.
We wouldn't do edge protection handrails on a single storey building for less than £10/m. We try to stick to our guns and hold out for at least £15/m minimum for independents up to 4no lifts.

You have to remember there are people who are busy but are making nothing. Don't be one of them

When I was at intersever I was told to price at £6 a metre and 20p a board up to 4 lifts then £7.50 after that but no boards.
Now that how to buy work it did not even cover the wages

listen mate your only as good as your last job so make it a good one and give the client a service and they will all ways return for more what ever you charge PS yorkshire about £12.50 / £15.00 knicker per m + 10% up lift after every 6m

Top Bottom