Non payment of due invoice

jiffy8866

Reaction score
Hi don't know if anyone can help. Where do I stand legally etc. if an invoice for scaffolding has not been paid when due,. Can I remove the scaffolding from site?
Jiffy

Whats the Payment terms, 30 days After invoice.?

Trouble is if you take it down you will never get paid for it , are they still using it ?

If so you could start to take the boards of so they cant use it and put them back when they pay.

Very few clients pay on time,specially if the jobs still up,how late is the payment?i'm afraid late payers are just something you need to factor into your financial projection,if you make too much fuss you'll risk any future work,but that depends on how much you value their custom;)

OK thanks for advice. They are still using it. I won't take it down as you suggest.

Thanks again for all you responses so far.

Jiffy

OK thanks for advice. They are still using it. I won't take it down as you suggest.

Thanks again for all you responses so far.

Jiffy

Jiffy do you have an written order from your client?

You can always fill out a small claims court application, fax it to em and see if they respond to that

Just give them a kind call and tell them your just chasing payment on a due invoice, use the charm offensive

Dont take it down.

If they are giving you a real headache and you are at your wits end, march on there and take all the boards and ladders off. When they complain point out how empty your firms account is feeling and really needs some monetary company.

Give them an invoice reminder of say 2 weeks then after that give them a final reminder which says if payment is not received upon receipt court proceedings will incure with immediate effect, go to HMCS online and take them to court simples

As Phillios says take all the boards of and turn the scaff tag, once they have paid the full sum reinstate everything, the downside to this is you will most likely never get any more work of them, but who wants to work for nothing

As Phillios says take all the boards of and turn the scaff tag, once they have paid the full sum reinstate everything, the downside to this is you will most likely never get any more work of them, but who wants to work for nothing

Seems to be a lot of work when u could be graffting making money. Taking them to court only takes 5 mins on computer n they always pay after getting the court sumons, unless they go bankrupt that is.

Not always in my experience. We have the bailiffs on one at the moment, wish I was a fly on the wall when that knocks come's. You must have a bad feeling about this one Jiffy? Whilst the boy's advice is sound I would say your gut feeling is never far away, depends on a lot of factors but if you are on here I would guess there is more to this than a couple of weeks late. We have one maybe 3 months late but I know it's guaranteed, I also have others where alarm bells are ringing after only a couple of weeks. I would act fast if you think I may be right, tell them you are going to sell it if you are not paid within the week and do what you say you are going to do and either factor it or speak with a debt recovery firm. I hope you get it.

Top Bottom