No Base Plates

HatterScaff

Reaction score
Just had some canvey island boys in
turned up on site 50 mile from the yard and no feckin base plates on the lorry:laugh:

How many times have I done that:embarrest:

I'm not the only one then:laugh::laugh:

My scaff will kill me for saying this but i think the funniest story i have. Last job of the day - He pulled the wagon into the car park at the rear of the property - erected the scaffold to the gable and then realised he couldnt get out the car park so had to strip it, pull the wagon out the car park and re erect. We have joked about this for years pmsl - poor bloke

guilty of this also not that long ago wagon teeming with gear not a basey to be seen or had.

Guilty as Charged :embarrest:

Must have done it half a dozen times in a long career

Sole Pads and base plates always last on wagon, top of fittings,last on first off ......................in theory :embarrest:

My effing brother thick ****! told him to put 100 dubs on the truck, he took this as put 100 dubs on and take every other fitting off could have killed when I got to the job

While working for Admirals we used to tempory tie to the lorry for basing out on the pavement , until one day the stupid fu cking arse hole of a lorry driver decided for no reason to move the lorry forward , how no one was hurt i still dont know , and of course we got the blame not the driver.

With a base plate, if your feet grow and you need new boots, you will never have to re-drill the bindings.

Just had some canvey island boys in
turned up on site 50 mile from the yard and no feckin base plates on the lorry:laugh:

How many times have I done that:embarrest:

I'm not the only one then:laugh::laugh:
Put it up on the sole boards without the plates, next day knock all the studs of the base plates (they remembered this time) , jack up the standards and slide the flat plates under the standards.

No one will ever be any the wiser.

Put a job up one time and my old man told me it was (shall we say) No 32 so we went down and found 31 and erected it next door. Didn't realise the fecking numbers staggered from one side of the street to the other did we :cry::laugh:

Another that comes to mind when I used to work for another company

We were told in the office in the morning where to go and which turn to take then we were to continue for around two miles or so and there would be traffic lights, and that would be the bridge we were to erect the scaffold on.
So off we went, followed the gaffers directions to the letter and found the traffic lights and proceeded to unload all eight tons off the lorry and down the side of this bridge.
Around lunch time the gaffer came on to site and was absolutely livid. What he didn't know was that over the weekend there had been a car smash on this bridge and the council had put traffic lights either side...Our bridge was about three hundred yards up the road,and we had to haul all that gear back up the bank and onto the truck, by which time it was knocking off time....
He was not a happy chappie.:mad::mad:

Seen one that had screw plates from B+P's instead of base plates.

watched andrew garatt of newport try to put a double on at the bottom of a raycker on the first lift ,the thing is he nearly got it on there .had a drop on at the time.

Did a couple of job's one day for Scaffy last summer in New Malden, erected the first, piece of p1ss. Erected the second on a second floor balcony of a block of maisonettes. Job looked cushty, just balanced and tied to the veranda, awkward as fu.ck. Called him to say it was done on the veranda and he said ''You mean the flat roof at the back?'' Oops

Got a jam raki from my local shop to labour on me the next night to strike and re erect round the back. Took me hours cos he was useless. Gave half his fee to 4 kids in the street that carried all the short stuff round the other side. He turned up on a moped with flip flops on an all. :laugh:

Top Bottom