nice little load eh boys

Wouldn't wish it on any 1 but it won't be long before they get me plod after them be carefull

I saw this on the m3 as well heading back to Basinstoke ..lolo And there was me worring about being overloaded on an 18 tonner i'm sure angus will give his boys a drink for bringing all his gear back in 1 go.;)

Looks like they've sawn the boards specifically for that pick up truck lol. Not a band to be seen

Never understood why some scaffs use pick ups, I still don't get it.

That been said, he without sin blah blah blah.:embarrest:

Licenses, a lot of scaffs don't even have car licenses let alone lorry ones. They're OK for putting up towers and the such like, or even going with the lorry to carry an extra bit for bigger jobs :idea:

That been said, he without sin blah blah blah.:embarrest:

Operator's licence?

All depends on the size of the operation I suppose but it's a major barrier of entry for the one and two man bands trying to turn a coin.

they should of spread the load and some tube the other end they wont get that house front on now!!! lmfao!!!

Operator's licence?

All depends on the size of the operation I suppose but it's a major barrier of entry for the one and two man bands trying to turn a coin.

As flinty has said, they obviously have their uses but not for me. First thing I got when I started on my own as a one man band was a 7.5 tonner. Originally it was a Maestro van and a roof rack, then a pick up but I was still off shore at the time and didn't fancy turning up at the heliport on a Daf.:cool:

Bought one aom. A nailer of a DAF, good mileage and a flyer of an engine. An associate of mine was going to run it under his licence until we were up and running. Needless to say, when the push came to shove he flapped and decided that he would renege on his end. Looked into myself and found out that VOSA want you to have eight grand sitting in your account to prove that you are 'able' to run such a machine. Could've pulled a few strings for the funds to be there but it was more trouble than it was worth. Two pick ups and a few headaches later and here we are.

Fair enough, it takes all sorts and as you say it all depends on your set up. I am heading to Bellshill and Coatbridge tomorrow as my search for a good one continues.

Have you tried the Manheim auction in Blochairn, Glasgow? Always good for a commercial vehicle bargain.

Missed the last one althougth he big fitter reckons 2 of the 3 we are going to see came from there originally, obviously at an inflated price.:(

Top Bottom