next door

dico

Reaction score
next doors just had a scaffold put up to fix the roof 13x5 3 lifts dog bones with a further 4 lift thrown on roof with a couple boards to support trainnies outer ledger fixed to standards spurred down to handrail and not standards and inner ledger not spurred back to standards just being supported by trainnies on boards to roof, ladder just tied off with 1 single on each lifts but what makes my laugh the ladder has no gate not even a duck under which is been banned from most sites i believe, just a handrail that stops 4 foot of the ladder on each lift, so basically if you step back your fall off the scaffold is this still the norm with the ladders on the street or building sites or do they think its right, its even got a plack on gate saying hard hats hi viz ect must be warn and a tag, or iam i being a olde fuddee duddy!! its only you cant help looking when your potting your olde summer plants:embarrest:

Its hard to find things to do when Eastenders aint on, aint it?? :p

haha, a scaffs nightmare putting up a job next door to a scaff. We did it a while back but never spoke to the guy but I would bet he would have something to say.

We use gates and hatches all the time Dico, even a butt on a swivel would make it look like they made an attempt.

Perhaps they're coming back to finish it Monday :unsure:

open the link below

told the wife the pointers for when they come back lmfao!!! i must be totally board to put a thread on about me next doors house being scaffolded!! thats what happens when there ante any weekend work lmfao!!!

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Perhaps they're coming back to finish it Monday :unsure:

open the link below

been up a week swifty they even had the cheek even to say the builder cant work on hes own:laugh:

been up a week swifty they even had the cheek even to say the builder cant work on hes own:laugh:[/QUOTE]

That must be in case he falls through the ladder openings:laugh::laugh:

open the link below

See loads of jobs with no ladder gates....

Separate ladder towers onto big jobs are the way forward, safest way :)

a carrilion safety guy told me i cant use hatches no more cos people keep leaving them open , he wants a handrail and gate inside the lift . i ignored him the first time but hes mentioned it again. if there used properly hatches are surely the best option

a carrilion safety guy told me i cant use hatches no more cos people keep leaving them open , he wants a handrail and gate inside the lift . i ignored him the first time but hes mentioned it again. if there used properly hatches are surely the best option

Hit the nail on the heead, IF THEY ARE USED PROPERLY which they never ever ever ever ever are are are, are they?????
Doing job at mo on new build site, separate ladder tower, with gate on base lift and gate on 2nd and 3rd lifts, but the base lift ladder has to boxed in so when they come down and open the gate they cant fall out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An open ladder hatch hurts as much as a closed one:cry:

open the link below

I knew it would be only a matter of time before that would come up. Every job we do the hatches are up and the gates are cable tied open, I was starting to think the local college started running a 2 day course on how to make the scaffs angry, the brickie one must be 5 days though as they are obviously advanced at it.

Can't believe the best solution is to stop using them though, has anyone thought of training guys how to use scaffolds correctly and leave us the fcuk alone.:mad:

Top Bottom