New to this .. looking for help/advice

RAS

Reaction score
If a scaffold structure is erected for use as a barrier (is not for access or working platform) does it need to be tagged and inspected every 7 days?

No legal requirement but some sites may want it inspected for their own reasons.

If a scaffold structure is erected for use as a barrier (is not for access or working platform) does it need to be tagged and inspected every 7 days?

Almost certainly there is alot of different legislation for temp hand rails/barriers so I would check up before you hand over.

I tag mine, its still a scaffold innit ? if its a high handrail and it fails someones gonna fall ?

if its made of scaffolding get it tagged,tis all about liabillity and if it anything goes wrong then the HSE will want documentation

welcome to the Forum RAS

There is no legal requirement to "tag" any scaffold

But you must include "all scaffolds" in you 7 day inspection as required by legislation

IT is not a scaffold.

Its constructed from scaffold tube and scaffold fittings, a handrail has a job of preventing people from falling .. course its a scaffold... get it tagged...

He said barrier not guardrail which only needs a periodical inspection for deterioration

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

He said barrier not guardrail which only needs a periodical inspection for deterioration

If its a " barrier to prevent people from passing, then plastic barriers would do.. why mess around with scaffolding ? if its to stop people from falling , its scaffolding and needs tagging.

If any structure is made out of any sort of scaffolding be it tube and fittings or system it should be tagged for your own peace of mind, 2 minutes tagging a scaffold could save countless hours of sleepless nights

Good debate,as usual,no one agree's lol.
Its a barrier,constructed in tube,whose the only ones on site allowed to handle a spanner?????
I suspect someone with a ticket.

The fact that experienced scaffs are arguing if it's to be tagged would suggest to me to err on the side of caution and get it tagged. We don't tag any of our jobs as we don't carry out the inspections but any site using a tagging system always include barriers.

Top Bottom