new to this game

bbbry

Reaction score
hello lads am bry and new to the forum. could any body plz give me some advice on how to get in to scaffolding. i have just done ten years in the army and want to get in to scaffolding asap.i have my hgv licence and cscs card so hope that helps

look up your local companys and see if they need any labourers plus you have an advantage with your hgv
good luck

Hello mate and welcome to the forum.

I'll give you the same advice I give anyone, think carefully about this. Scaffolding is going down the pan. It's been burdened with over the top and ill thought out rules, wages are struggling and there's many good men out of work or unable to get permanent jobs.

If you really want to get into it, seriously, then your HGV license will come in handy. Phone every firm you can find or go down their yards and nag for a job. Mention your CSCS and most of all your driving license. Scaffolding is not like most jobs with CVs, interviews and long waiting, it's get down there and convince the boss on the spot you're worth hiring.

But seriously think about it, maybe better to progress and get your ADR for trucking and go tanker driving, good money in that.

Welcome to the forum, get a list of all the scaffolding companies in your local area and personally visit them all asking for the supervisor/contracts manager
you will get a lot of knock backs but you may strike lucky and be given a chance. Good luck and dont give up on your first refusal

Top Bottom