new ties

WORKSHY-APPRENTICE

Reaction score
the new hook and eyebolt ties, the ones with the raw plug. 14mm hole. are the plugs reuseable once set? if i had one in solid brick work and took the tie out, could i put another eyebolt in and re use it?or is the plug buggered once the thread has cut it?

I didn't even know you could get the plugs out once set. Leave them in for the next time you have a job going up.

oops, need to clarify. if i left the plug in the hole, could i reuse the hole with plug in? like reusing a hilti anchor thats been in the wall since last use?

Oh, sorry. In that case, yes just test em but they will be sound.

We use them alot, and were advised not to re use them cos as you thread your ties in your damaging the plug, which in turn deosnt allow the new tie to grip the plug properly. Then you wont get the required pull test, so to save alot of time and effort just re drill the hole.

We use them alot, and were advised not to re use them cos as you thread your ties in your damaging the plug, which in turn deosnt allow the new tie to grip the plug properly. Then you wont get the required pull test, so to save alot of time and effort just re drill the hole.

You know the drill scaffy, refer to manufacturers instructions. I have loads of tech sheets that wouldn't agree with your take on it.

I just go on what were recommened, but thats what i like about this place, theres always loads of oppinions and also great help. Can you email a copy of your tech sheets pls al, it would be good to have a read.
Email....denisarmstrong@ymail.com

Is it the Excalibur eye bolts your talking about? Didn't know you needed raw plugs?!?

Will do den, got a few emails to send out tomorrow so get you then.

dont tell me daddy bear is thinking of using ties and not bailing twine round the gutter wuk shy lol ;)

Top Bottom