new qualification

Well done him, onward and upwards.

just had one of our guys pass his advanced test today got the work based evidence to get in but we are so chuffed he did so well :bigsmile:

if your that chuffed i take it there will be a nice pay rise for him or will it be the usual weve put him through it route

At least they put him through it how many blokes
Have to pay for the course then lose 2 weeks money
And they wonder why scaffoldets don't wanna do there
Tickets

When i passed mine, i thought i was the 'Dogs dangly bits'> However, the portfolio was a different matter.:eek: got it sorted then ASTI lost it.:eek: when re-locating their yard. Thank **** for 'Save as'.:D

Well done too the lad anyway. Nice one,

Mine can be displayed in the forum archives, under the heading, "He who used to give a Feck".

I will probably get slaughtered for this, but in no way should passing the ticket automatically mean a pay rise. The young team have had on average 2 pay rises per year for two reasons, firstly they started on a low level as they couldn't lace up their own boots to start with and were paid accordingly. As the tickets increased so did their ability and that's the key to how much they are paid. I have one with a part 1 and a newly qualified part 2 who both take home the same pay as they both have the same ability. How many times have we read on this forum tickets don't make a scaff?

When i passed mine, i thought i was the 'Dogs dangly bits'> However, the portfolio was a different matter.:eek: got it sorted then ASTI lost it.:eek: when re-locating their yard. Thank **** for 'Save as'.:D

Well done too the lad anyway. Nice one,

Mine can be displayed in the forum archives, under the heading, "He who used to give a Feck".

Did you have to do the portfolio Paddy?
Thought you had been in the game a bit longer??

Do you get tax releaf for your train on the company books ? Never understand companies that won't put lads on training course !!!!

Because they are c.unts.

It takes literally minutes to book someone on a training course and they get back almost all the money they pay out... They dont do it because its easier to employ someone who already has these extra qualifications and they dont wanna increase the wages of someone who they put through a course.

If your a Part 1 Scaffolder, whos been put through a Part 2 ticket - you want to be paid accordingly to your new qualifications.
Id guess that some of these firms dont wanna pay the extra wages, while getting you to do Part 2 work anyway.

Top Bottom