new one on me!

clarkey

Reaction score
Has anyone had there city council & H.S.E tell you to put "tap boards" there words not mine all along the bottom of the scaffold.

so not only have you got to double board and monar flex,handrail, hazzard tape, & foam standards we have now got to put toe boards all along the bottom of standards notch round the braces so that blind people have a tap board.

please this is not me having a rant at blind people or there needs

New one on me too. I can see their point but you know that was a right wee jobsworth that was bullied at school who thought of it. Ask the council if they have tap boards all round the county to help the blind, that should put their gas at a peep for a bit well it usually works when I ask them if they have high visibility padding and flashing lights on their sign posts.

i know where does it all stop? i have worked in & out of the city for the past 20 years nothing ever mention till this weekend. there is a blind college in the city, just a pain in the ass that i had to go back to put them in, at MY COST!!!!!

The board is also meant to be painted white, guide dogs are trained to follow them

I may be very wrong but it will probably be another 20 years before you hear of it again. If I'm honest though I don't think I would mind if I thought it would genuinely help and if you have a lot concentrated in one area like the college it might be worthwhile. My only concern would be some twa t would trip over it as not every board would be bang on flush.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

The board is also meant to be painted white, guide dogs are trained to follow them

I will fit them when I see the council's fitting them.

aom the ironic thing is that we have done loads of work in the college and never been ask to but them in!!!

jobs woth springs to mind in the council!!!

You better believe it and the annoying thing is they have more obstacles on the pavement than any scaff firm and not a bit of foam or light in sight. It's always very easy to tell people what to do when it ain't your cash your spending.

done 1 and only 1 with a tap rail bottom ledger no more than 6 inch on singles for the blind never herd of the board (was in a bit fo the street were there was a high pavment on the outside of the scaffold so you walked aout ft below the road surface) but onyl this weke a lad on four us left 2 ledger braces in a scaffold in the town centre and a blind man with his dog walked in to it not sure how badly heurt he was the poor fella and nto only that he only singled the lader on with 2 singles and it come away with some one wlakign up it and theve put a claim in twice in 1 day and his still here

Are those 'tap boards' not trip hazards?!?
Or do you have to handrail the base lift also?

It'd be fine - if you get paid for it.
But i can imagine it'd be hard squeezing the extra fee out the client for some bullshiit HSE idea.

Never ever seen it, where do you come from?

Live and work in europe now , but worked in brighton for 25 years and the council has stipulated this for years

Which is their right. The council round here are still quoting the old bs regs on our permits.

Are those 'tap boards' not trip hazards?!?
Or do you have to handrail the base lift also?

It'd be fine - if you get paid for it.
But i can imagine it'd be hard squeezing the extra fee out the client for some bullshiit HSE idea.

yeha needs to be douuble hand railed and armodillad as well as lights and standard covering not forgetting men working over head sign and the usuall

For anyone who wants to throw away 13 minutes of their life and if you can stay awake heres tricky ricky to give you a talk :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_fxdtf2u0&feature=player_embedded]Street Scaffolding Criteria - YouTube[/ame]

That's all well and good but it's the local authority that dictates what goes in the job.

Sorry if that is what Rik is saying, I was too bored to even hit the link.

Top Bottom