new nuclear power stations

scaftek

Reaction score
anyone hoping for a cash bonanza from the new stations should read page 9 of the current issue of private eye{issue1310} where energy minister charles hendry states "the constraints highlighted in discussions were uk skills shortages and industrial relations" ie more foreign labour(french joint ventures bringing in their own work force?)plus the tearing up of any national wage agreements? do any union officials have any info on this?

no no no lads its a fact that big business has been panicing for years over the "lack of skilled labour"it is a ploy to bring in cheap ***** as has been proven by the unions.this has been noted by the unions for sometime i attended a march in london on the 2nd of january 2004 regarding the use of "cheap"foreign labour and the attack on the NATIONAL AGREEMENT(BLUE BOOK).there were also protests at the building of a power station at or near spalding if i remember.yes the french will bring their own and yes the agreements will probably be ripped up but ONLY IF WE LET THEM.
AS IN 2009 AND THE NATIONAL WALKOUTS REGARDING THE SAME ISSUES AT L.O.L AND STAYTHORPE AMONG OTHERS.

PS THIS IS A FACT--THE WORLDS 1ST NUCLEAR REACTOR WAS BUILT A DOUNERAY AT THE VERY TIP OF SCOTLAND,AND IF MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECT THERE PROBABLY WERENT TOO MANY PEOPLE CONCERNED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF THAT WHO BUILT REACTORS.
THIS NATION HAS PRODUCED THE BEST ENGINEERS THE WORLD HAS EVERKNOWN GIVE US THE CHANCE AND LET US PRODUCE THEM AGAIN!!!!:mad:

this country has been raped over and over and over again by many government... its gettin harder and harder and harder to fight it and just get tiresome. need to get a SENSIBLE BNP in charge.. allow a correct limited amount of SKILLED migrants and stick the youth into construction... its so simple it is easy... but can not see it happening.

I am more than happy to allow foregin nationals into this country, just as long as they work for the same money and do not sponge.

the problem is they dont bring in skilled labour they bring in kid ons and they dont give them digg money they shove them in caravans etc so making them less costly than the indigenous travelling tradesman(of which i am one)on the naeci agreement i would be allowed travel time as the crow flys on my long weekend so it would cost say 6 hours at my rate but they wouls have to fly the foreigners back to say portugal/poland wherever.
This is all greed on the part of the main players as they will price the jobs on the naeci rate but will rape when they can
if we let them !!!

no no no lads its a fact that big business has been panicing for years over the "lack of skilled labour"it is a ploy to bring in cheap ***** as has been proven by the unions.this has been noted by the unions for sometime i attended a march in london on the 2nd of january 2004 regarding the use of "cheap"foreign labour and the attack on the NATIONAL AGREEMENT(BLUE BOOK).there were also protests at the building of a power station at or near spalding if i remember.yes the french will bring their own and yes the agreements will probably be ripped up but ONLY IF WE LET THEM.
AS IN 2009 AND THE NATIONAL WALKOUTS REGARDING THE SAME ISSUES AT L.O.L AND STAYTHORPE AMONG OTHERS.

PS THIS IS A FACT--THE WORLDS 1ST NUCLEAR REACTOR WAS BUILT A DOUNERAY AT THE VERY TIP OF SCOTLAND,AND IF MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECT THERE PROBABLY WERENT TOO MANY PEOPLE CONCERNED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF THAT WHO BUILT REACTORS.
THIS NATION HAS PRODUCED THE BEST ENGINEERS THE WORLD HAS EVERKNOWN GIVE US THE CHANCE AND LET US PRODUCE THEM AGAIN+1spot on there daftscaff

bet the first reactor built in douneray produced some good wages, bet there ante a lot difference from today wages to the day that it was built oldescaff, your probably find the wages were beter than todays mate

the fact that todays wages dont reflect what were payed during the construction(if that is the case)might be because there wasnt a flood of cheap labour(foreign) allowed on the site.
as they used to say in the bionic man WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

There is a generic blue print for these Plants and as such clones have been constructed through-out Europe---the Management Team and Work Force are well versed in the Methods and Sequance of Construction, this I feel will be one of the main arguments that the Principal Contractors and Government will use to justify there desissions.

To cite lack of UK Skilled Man Powere and the breakdown of Industrial Relations are a poor excuse---they might have thought up a better one that that...

We have legions of our own Skilled and Youth ready and willing to mobalise and train---whats the problem ???.

Top Bottom